filters in aquarium

Forum for discuss about various equipments used with freshwater aquariums.
vikas
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

filters in aquarium

Unread post by vikas »

i am using an internal filter(like in the photo down below) in my aquarium. i wanted to know what if i don't use it? except circulating water does it do any other function?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
moz lo roz lo na mile to khoz lo ---

╙°•●·|√♪ҝą૬ |°•●·╕
sushant

Re: filters in aquarium

Unread post by sushant »

It works at mechanical level to remove floating/ suspended matter and biological level by reducing toxic ammonia and nitrites to less harmful nitrate which can either be consumed by plants or removed during water change.
Sushant
vikas
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by vikas »

sushant wrote:It works at mechanical level to remove floating/ suspended matter and biological level by reducing toxic ammonia and nitrites to less harmful nitrate which can either be consumed by plants or removed during water change.
But filtration depends upon the filter material like it have some sponge material or should i replace it something else?

╙°•●·|√♪ҝą૬ |°•●·╕
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

Sponge is fine.
Sushant
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

vikas wrote:
sushant wrote:It works at mechanical level to remove floating/ suspended matter and biological level by reducing toxic ammonia and nitrites to less harmful nitrate which can either be consumed by plants or removed during water change.
But filtration depends upon the filter material like it have some sponge material or should i replace it something else?
If you want stable and good results, go for canisters. These internal filters also works well but need to clean regularly. Sponge is enough.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
vikas
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by vikas »

SCORPIO wrote:
vikas wrote:
If you want stable and good results, go for canisters. These internal filters also works well but need to clean regularly. Sponge is enough.
thank you!!

╙°•●·|√♪ҝą૬ |°•●·╕