Tortoises and frogs

Forum for discuss about various equipments used with freshwater aquariums.
paddoop
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:58 pm

Tortoises and frogs

Unread postby paddoop » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:12 pm

Hi!! I joined the page just now, and am looking for info to set up a vivarium (tortoise) with frogs. I live in Hyderabad and would love it if there is someone who can guide about suppliers etc.

I have seen a pond nearby where there are frogs (not toads) and plan to nick them once I have a setup. I'm open to a pond too, but am worried about birds getting them. Advice pls. thnk



User avatar
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 10347
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:01 am
Location: Delhi, India
Contact:

Re: Tortoises and frogs

Unread postby SCORPIO » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:04 pm

paddoop wrote:Hi!! I joined the page just now, and am looking for info to set up a vivarium (tortoise) with frogs. I live in Hyderabad and would love it if there is someone who can guide about suppliers etc.

I have seen a pond nearby where there are frogs (not toads) and plan to nick them once I have a setup. I'm open to a pond too, but am worried about birds getting them. Advice pls. thnk


If you want to keep frogs or toads, you have to start a close system, humidity, controlled temperature and continuous supply of live food.
You have several choices like as:

Poison Dart Frogs: Most beautiful frogs, they looks like as gems. But unluckily not available openly in India. They are very expensive. Come to know that several times, they available in Mumbai for sell.

Image

Fire Belly Toad: Available in several stores of Mumbai. Not too much expensive.

Image

African white clawed frog: Another option. Not too much attractive and beautiful.

Image


You can also keep crabs.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda

paddoop
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:58 pm

Re: Tortoises and frogs

Unread postby paddoop » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:41 am

Live food will be a problem. So frogs are out. And my friends says frogs will escape, even through a small gap. So, only tortoises for now. Got to research a vivarium now. Thanks.

User avatar
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 10347
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:01 am
Location: Delhi, India
Contact:

Re: Tortoises and frogs

Unread postby SCORPIO » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:43 am

paddoop wrote:Live food will be a problem. So frogs are out. And my friends says frogs will escape, even through a small gap. So, only tortoises for now. Got to research a vivarium now. Thanks.



You can also go for crabs but again you need a closed setup. Does your friend keeping frog?
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda

xargar
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Posts: 258
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:25 pm
Location: Kashmir

Re: Tortoises and frogs

Unread postby xargar » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:48 pm

We can arrange you products you need for vivarium.
Infact we have lot of products in stock .
Contact us !
Visit us : http://aquatickart.in
Complete Pet Shop For All Your Pet Needs :dance

User avatar
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 10347
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:01 am
Location: Delhi, India
Contact:

Re: Tortoises and frogs

Unread postby SCORPIO » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:35 pm

xargar wrote:We can arrange you products you need for vivarium.
Infact we have lot of products in stock .
Contact us !


What about live stock?
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda

xargar
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Posts: 258
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:25 pm
Location: Kashmir

Re: Tortoises and frogs

Unread postby xargar » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:46 pm

No live stocks are with us as of now .We are trying to get hands on them soon.
Plants and mosses can be provided.
Visit us : http://aquatickart.in
Complete Pet Shop For All Your Pet Needs :dance

jack
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2562
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:28 pm
Location: Ahmedabad

Re: Tortoises and frogs

Unread postby jack » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:01 am

What ideal setup you suggest for vivaroum for tortoise ??
Finally i am Broke but Happy :D