Luxfer CO2 cylinder deal

Post your quires on Carbon Dioxide and alternative products.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Luxfer CO2 cylinder deal

Unread post by SCORPIO »

apuda2010 wrote:Luxfer does not have a 4kg cylinder as far as I can remember. I have the 3kg one and simply put it is the best cylinder you can get in the market. 5k including taxes (which are nearly 20%).
Ok. I will opt a 3kg.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
rajivzee
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by rajivzee »

SCORPIO wrote:
apuda2010 wrote:Luxfer does not have a 4kg cylinder as far as I can remember. I have the 3kg one and simply put it is the best cylinder you can get in the market. 5k including taxes (which are nearly 20%).
Ok. I will opt a 3kg.
Hi I'm also planning to upgrade to pressurised system, did you bought the cylinder?
I've done the enquiry they said you can also get this from "Aquarium Home - Laxmi Nagar" as they buy in bulk.
Thanks & Regards
Rajiv Anand

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
smileysid
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by smileysid »

Somen wrote:
smileysid wrote:Dear all,
In the search of good quality co2 cylinder, I found the recommended option of Luxfer aluminium cylinder.
The best price quoted by the supplier is Rs. 3250 + tax (for 2KG model). As, I have not dealt with pressurised setup before, so I want to know, whether it is a good deal?
What is the suggested regulator name, brand, I should opt for. I heard, Chawri bazar is the best place for buying regulators (Shop name - Weild Guru), Any experience or, recommendation?

Luxfer is a international brand, and I have been using it for the last few years.
There Unit is in faridabad. Whom did you talk to? There prices may be high, but the quality and look is apt for any setup.
Go for a branded regulator, Local regulator can be ok,still...Mine is ESAB.

Somen da.. Even i am trying to get sn Esab regulator.. can u gimme the contact from where I can get it from.. price. I want to include solenoid also to control over photoperiod. .. If i want to supply co2 to two tanks.. should i get a splitter?

I want to get idea of getting esap regulator with solenoid and splitter.
- Siddharth Sahani | Architect | Photographer | Aqua-hobbyist| www.siddharthsahani.com
Somen
Panel Members
Panel Members

Unread post by Somen »

smileysid wrote:
Somen wrote:
smileysid wrote:Dear all,
In the search of good quality co2 cylinder, I found the recommended option of Luxfer aluminium cylinder.
The best price quoted by the supplier is Rs. 3250 + tax (for 2KG model). As, I have not dealt with pressurised setup before, so I want to know, whether it is a good deal?
What is the suggested regulator name, brand, I should opt for. I heard, Chawri bazar is the best place for buying regulators (Shop name - Weild Guru), Any experience or, recommendation?

Luxfer is a international brand, and I have been using it for the last few years.
There Unit is in faridabad. Whom did you talk to? There prices may be high, but the quality and look is apt for any setup.
Go for a branded regulator, Local regulator can be ok,still...Mine is ESAB.

Somen da.. Even i am trying to get sn Esab regulator.. can u gimme the contact from where I can get it from.. price. I want to include solenoid also to control over photoperiod. .. If i want to supply co2 to two tanks.. should i get a splitter?

I want to get idea of getting esap regulator with solenoid and splitter.

I have purchased Splitter from EBAY @ 2900/-(photo given). It can control six tanks at a time.It is a very good product and you can easily regulate the CO2 flow.

Regarding Esab regulator(photo given) I have purchased a 2 stage dual gauge regulator,which is costly at I got it around 4842/- from a faridabad dealer.
You can google at get the DURA CO2 of esab.
I can say that it is a very high quality regulator.
Initially I had a Yamato regulator and I use to fill co2 after 3-4 months(2 tanks operating), after esab I have filled it in April and still it is giving out CO2.So may be the local ones, how good it is must have been leaking some co2 from its regulator too. The make of Esab must be in such a way that leakage from the regulator is almost impossible.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Somen
Any dead fish can flow down the river but it takes a live one to swim back up stream.
smileysid
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

What about single stage Esab regulator ICO 32B. Any major difference between dual and single stage regulator in terms of our application?
- Siddharth Sahani | Architect | Photographer | Aqua-hobbyist| www.siddharthsahani.com
Somen
Panel Members
Panel Members

Unread post by Somen »

smileysid wrote:What about single stage Esab regulator ICO 32B. Any major difference between dual and single stage regulator in terms of our application?
Regarding single stage,it is more then enough for our application.Regarding your model you have to talk to the dealer.I will check it and get back,others pls give ur inputs.
Somen
Any dead fish can flow down the river but it takes a live one to swim back up stream.
smileysid
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

One more query.. can we attach solenoid valve with esab regulator?
Somen
Panel Members
Panel Members

Unread post by Somen »

smileysid wrote:One more query.. can we attach solenoid valve with esab regulator?

yes possible
Somen
sushant

Re: RE: Re: Luxfer CO2 cylinder deal

Unread post by sushant »

smileysid wrote:One more query.. can we attach solenoid valve with esab regulator?
Yes you can.

Sent from my PadFone using Tapatalk
Sushant
smileysid
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Update:
Procured 2kg Luxfer cylinder, ESAB dual Gauge Single stage Regulator, Solenoid Valve attached with 2-way splitter and metallic bubble counter.

Buying this setup pressurized me :D