Beauty and pride of my House (Flowerhorn)

Forum for discussion on big size fishes such as Arowana, Flowerhorns etc.
gauravgupta
Panel Members
Panel Members

Beauty and pride of my House (Flowerhorn)

Unread post by gauravgupta »

Hey Guys,

Hope you liked it because me and my all family members loves it the most. I have many types of aquarium and fishes planted, marine etc but everybody loves this one the most.

Its like a pride and honor of having this one. Tank is not so decorative because i just wanted to give full space and freedom to my Flowerhorn. Pics are attached.

The only problem is that color is not that much red. I purchased it when it was only 3 inc in size.

Please give suggestions for color enhancement feeds or parameters. I wanted to make it an Red Monster but how??????????????????????? :-)

Regards
Gaurav aka Garry
Karnal.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hands That Serve are Holier Than Lips That Pray!!
devchitra
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Re: Beauty and pride of my House (Flowerhorn)

Unread post by devchitra »

how much you paid for this.
Keluthi
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Keluthi »

Good looking fish. But know what, this is the fish I hate the most.!! This is a man-made devil which is created by greedy fish sellers to earn more, but really dangerous to natural species when let loose in the wild..
Whether we like it or not the change has occurred, struggle is our life and life is struggle. - Velupillai Pirabhakaran.
parthapratim22

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

Hi Gaurav I understand you love your fish, but same time I would request you to buy fishes those are not human made.

May read the link here viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1891
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60
cichlids
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by cichlids »

+1 partha
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

@gauravgupta

You must be surprized that even though Flower Horns are sold so commonly and all over shops, so popular that hundreds are sold in a single city in only a few days, a big trade in them is spread all over South East Asia and the West, you should get such a reaction from Aquapetz members.... :| This is because we are all very mindful of the future of fish species, and care more for that than in the rich colours or striking shapes of hybrid fish.

Now that you have got it, and your family also is fond of it, I guess your joy in its ownership is understandable. With that in mind, you could try any of the several colour-enhancing foods available in shops that are, I believe, especially aimed at cichlids. I am sure you will see improvement.

Who knows, in the future, you might find a beautiful Synsnpilus or Jack Dempsey, Electric Blue, available, and take that home. That would be so good, because they are no less impressive by any means... :P

In fact, i do believe i know a guy who has one on sale, PM me if u want his number anytime.
VishaalDalal

Unread post by VishaalDalal »

Romi wrote:@gauravgupta

You must be surprized that even though Flower Horns are sold so commonly and all over shops, so popular that hundreds are sold in a single city in only a few days, a big trade in them is spread all over South East Asia and the West, you should get such a reaction from Aquapetz members.... :| This is because we are all very mindful of the future of fish species, and care more for that than in the rich colours or striking shapes of hybrid fish.

Now that you have got it, and your family also is fond of it, I guess your joy in its ownership is understandable. With that in mind, you could try any of the several colour-enhancing foods available in shops that are, I believe, especially aimed at cichlids. I am sure you will see improvement.

Who knows, in the future, you might find a beautiful Synsnpilus or Jack Dempsey, Electric Blue, available, and take that home. That would be so good, because they are no less impressive by any means... :P

In fact, i do believe i know a guy who has one on sale, PM me if u want his number anytime.
:1 :1 good advice without being judgmental
gauravgupta
Panel Members
Panel Members

Unread post by gauravgupta »

20130910_003741.jpg
Can his colors and pattern bring back by any good food.
20130910_003841.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hands That Serve are Holier Than Lips That Pray!!
navneethtk
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by navneethtk »

I still think a natural cichlid would look better. Just my thought.
jibran_shariff
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by jibran_shariff »

it is a quite proportionate
but unfortunately colorless

looks to be kamalau

i used to keep so many FHs, i would still keep if i had the space
they are a great set of fish, quite responsive to the owner, and much easier to maintain, in terms of food and requirements

how big is the fella right now??

on a side note

FHs are created very much like the different forms of bettas are created line breeding and selective breeding
and about releasing the fish in the wild, the idea and principle is exactly same as with other species
once a creature is brought home and kept in an urban setting, releasing them back to the wild is wrong.