Discus in Planted Tank

Forum dedicated to the Discus fish.
marsaiko
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Re: Discus in Planted Tank

Unread post by marsaiko »

ratheeshkollam wrote:@Scorpio:So Zeolite can be used for planted as well as BB tank right?
I think NO, as it ll absorb nutrients needed by plants.

ratheeshkollam wrote:the best way to getrid of the waste in planted tank is , to keep 5-8 small apple snails.They will eat up all the wastes in the planted tank . also the waste of the small apple snails are comparitively less.
I am doubtful, because what ever goes in comes out in same quantity :D only difference is the particle size.
nut cases ratt
brainless growl
rest you dont understand, and thats where you read/think TWICE before you post!!
ratheeshkollam
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by ratheeshkollam »

@ marsaiko

You can check . The waste of apple snails are comparitivly less than the discus.
Last edited by ratheeshkollam on Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks and Regards
Ratheesh.S
ICRI,
Technopark
Trivandrum
nishant
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by nishant »

thanks sir for that knowledge now i will start a new planted tank and will shift my discus in it.... :) :) :) :geek: :geek:
Computer Engineer and crazy about the fishes
Achintya
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Achintya »

nice planted tank with discus mr scorpio.

if somebody wants to keep discus in a planted tank then i always suggest to keep turquoise strain or blue diamond or leopard in it.because you 'll see any peepering on their body.which you can see to other strain like melon or marlboro or checkerboard etc.in the 2nd picture of rajiv ji you can see peepring on marlboro which is unavailable to BD's body.
K.K
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by K.K »

This is a very nice info Rajiv, I am keeping discus for 4 years now, also done low light planted tanks, my 5 inch pair discus were nice in the planted tank besides peppering, before i sold them to a friend. Now am opting for a 2 feet planted tank but i need a professional look for that, I will be happy if i get a lump of java moss, because i want to set a moss and rock tank only for the meantime. Rajiv ji I need help from you to get java moss in reasonable price, pls tell me where I can find it, and pls also tell me what is the basic requirement to start that.
Things I need are
Java moss
sand some rocks

I want to make it DIY, i cannot afford CO2 setup and expensive light fixtures, i already have a 2 feet tank
Pls reply
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

K.K wrote:This is a very nice info Rajiv, I am keeping discus for 4 years now, also done low light planted tanks, my 5 inch pair discus were nice in the planted tank besides peppering, before i sold them to a friend. Now am opting for a 2 feet planted tank but i need a professional look for that, I will be happy if i get a lump of java moss, because i want to set a moss and rock tank only for the meantime. Rajiv ji I need help from you to get java moss in reasonable price, pls tell me where I can find it, and pls also tell me what is the basic requirement to start that.
Things I need are
Java moss
sand some rocks

I want to make it DIY, i cannot afford CO2 setup and expensive light fixtures, i already have a 2 feet tank
Pls reply
K.K., I will try to help you. At present I don't have moss but in next meet I will try to arrange some mosses for you.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
aamir
Experts
Experts

Unread post by aamir »

SCORPIO wrote:Zeolites are natural substance used to cure the water. But it is not popular and frequently available in India. I am also searching this. Some floating plants such water sprite, water lettuce and hornwort etc. are also very good in consuming Nitrate/Nitrite.
Seachem ,Matrix is Zeolite easily available
http://www.seachem.com/Products/product ... atrix.html
Fb....(aamir.khan.180072@facebook.com)
New number 9560682201