Again with My discus

Forum dedicated to the Discus fish.
vikramdutta11
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Again with My discus

Unread post by vikramdutta11 »

Discus, the king of tropical fishes, I would prefer to say the queen of tropical fishes. Their beauty and their shape is the key attraction. My journey with discus started when I was in +2. I used to stay in a small subdivisional town. Internet connection was a dream for us. There was no option than a single LFS, all the modern equipments was a dream for me. Only thermostat and top filter was available. But the plus point was the water, it was the best in quality, no chloromine nor chlorine. I grew 6 Discus succefully

Well I had to leave my home town to earn my living. And after a long time approx 15 years I have started this tank from last Dec. I had no idea of plants but wanted to grow them in the tank with discus. I went as per the LFS told me. But I found that he has guided me in the wrong way.

Now about my tank. It is 3'/1.5'/2'(L/B/H). With ADA AFRICANA substrate. Two nos anubious, one water lilly and some back ground plan whose name I don't know. A must for discus is thermostat, atop filter and under gravel filter. I have fixed two T5HO of fluval today.

WC once weekly 50% WC
Food - Tetra bit complete, bio gold and earthworms.
I bought 12 no's fry of which I lost 2 due to my fault. And now all are fit and fine, doing well.

The one thing I follow is to main the temperature and weekly WC. Well this is all about my tank and now I want to grow plant in that tank. Although I will also make a planted tank in another tank of mine which is a smaller one with no pets. I am trying to arrange materials for that tank and start my project from mid October.

Love you all and in hope to get help in future for planted tank from you all.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vikramdutta11
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: Again with My discus

Some more photos of my discus.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vikramdutta11
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Now this is enough. Feeling sleepy and nothing more to post. Gud nite guys. Wanna see your comments.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Nice.

I thought your tank is overcrowded.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
vikramdutta11
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Yes it is, I'll be moving some stock to my friends tank
Pintoo
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Pintoo »

beautiful fish.
rajiv.mcks
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by rajiv.mcks »

Beautiful :) your discus looks great .. maybe just 3 would be best for your tank .. also maybe you can plant lots of Amazon Swords and Villasnaria in the tank .. it will give ample cover for small /timid ones to hide when bullied by the larger one. It's the only problem I had with discus the larger fish bully the smaller ones :) but great collection .. May I ask how much did this fish cost you ?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
vikramdutta11
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

rajiv.mcks wrote:Beautiful :) your discus looks great .. maybe just 3 would be best for your tank .. also maybe you can plant lots of Amazon Swords and Villasnaria in the tank .. it will give ample cover for small /timid ones to hide when bullied by the larger one. It's the only problem I had with discus the larger fish bully the smaller ones :) but great collection .. May I ask how much did this fish cost you ?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Thanks Man, as per the tank size 6 nos is fine, but I have an overcrowded tank and as told earlier I am going to shift some to my friend's tank, as of the plants, I am in the process of making a new planted tank, first I'll learn to grow plants then i'll start planting in the discus tank. Coming to the cost, there is mixed price ranging from Rs. 350 - 850. I bought all nearly to fries and now they are grown. But non of them chases each other, they love peace as i do. :adore
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

You can easily grow hardy plants in this aquarium. I have kept discus with plants. They looks very beautiful with plants. But red strains get easily infected by peppering. So you can keep blue strains. Here is the link of my discus planted tank. http://aquapetz.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=26
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
vikramdutta11
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

SCORPIO wrote:You can easily grow hardy plants in this aquarium. I have kept discus with plants. They looks very beautiful with plants. But red strains get easily infected by peppering. So you can keep blue strains. Here is the link of my discus planted tank. http://aquapetz.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=26
Rajiv Ji, photos gul ho gaya hai, can you repost the photos?
it will be a great help to me.