Few queries on Discus keeping in Hi-Tech Planted Tank

Forum dedicated to the Discus fish.
SanamMarik
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: Few queries on Discus keeping in Hi-Tech Planted Tank

Unread post by SanamMarik »

This is the tank where i intend to chk if the Discus are going to be able to do well... :?
IMG_1180_Day_95.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

You have a great tank.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
parthapratim22

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

With you expertise I think you wont have much issue with Discuss in this tank. Only concern may be the height for long term discuss keeping in the tank. I am not an expert here, but for long term 24" is better. Correct me!!!
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

parthapratim22 wrote:With you expertise I think you wont have much issue with Discuss in this tank. Only concern may be the height for long term discuss keeping in the tank. I am not an expert here, but for long term 24" is better. Correct me!!!

Discus love to have a good height tank but 18 inch is also sufficient height. This tank will be a good home for discus fishes.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

sushant

Re: RE: Re: Few queries on Discus keeping in Hi-Tech Planted Tank

Unread post by sushant »

SanamMarik wrote:This is the tank where i intend to chk if the Discus are going to be able to do well... :?
IMG_1180_Day_95.JPG
This is a beautiful tank.
Sushant
SanamMarik
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

SCORPIO wrote:
parthapratim22 wrote:With you expertise I think you wont have much issue with Discuss in this tank. Only concern may be the height for long term discuss keeping in the tank. I am not an expert here, but for long term 24" is better. Correct me!!!

Discus love to have a good height tank but 18 inch is also sufficient height. This tank will be a good home for discus fishes.
I wish so but i am not confident if i will b able to keep them well there. I am still concerned with the points i mentioned earlier.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

SanamMarik wrote:
SCORPIO wrote:

I wish so but i am not confident if i will b able to keep them well there. I am still concerned with the points i mentioned earlier.
You have just to change some plants and stop the fertilizers. Else everything is OK to keep discus. Another thing is to choose adult discus.

SanamMarik
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Tough choise fr me....plants or Discus. The fishes are adult nd i will try with the pair first nd observe fr a couple of days....then according to d observations, will move forward/backward.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

SanamMarik wrote:Tough choise fr me....plants or Discus. The fishes are adult nd i will try with the pair first nd observe fr a couple of days....then according to d observations, will move forward/backward.
It is really a hard decision. I kept Discus and other cichlids and still want to keep these fishes. But love for the plant not allowed me to keep Discus or some other fishes. You have take a tough and long term decision.