Aquapetz Aquascaping Contest-2012 Result::Planted Tanks

Announcements and Updates related to https://aquapetz.com will be here. Only Admin/Moderators can start a new topic.
earnest
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: Aquapetz Aquascaping Contest-2012 Result::Planted Tanks

Unread post by earnest »

wonderful tanks! Congratulations to the winners!
would love to see the other entries too!
Binesh
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Binesh »

it would have been nice to know the comments of judges for the top 10 tank instead of just the winners?

Cheers,
Binesh
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Binesh wrote:it would have been nice to know the comments of judges for the top 10 tank instead of just the winners?

Cheers,
Binesh
Binesh, I will show top ten tanks after 2-3 days with comments.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
aquadream
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by aquadream »

Rajivji congratss for making this contest a sucess :clp but one genuine question where do INDIA stand in aquascaping scenario at the end, i think that was the main motive behind this contest.To bring INDIAN talent , Happy that my scape was one among top ten , but we need to realize where we stand and what could be done further. Kindly comment.

Cheers
Rajeev
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

aquadream wrote:Rajivji congratss for making this contest a sucess :clp but one genuine question where do INDIA stand in aquascaping scenario at the end, i think that was the main motive behind this contest.To bring INDIAN talent , Happy that my scape was one among top ten , but we need to realize where we stand and what could be done further. Kindly comment.

Cheers
Rajeev
We are behind in aquascaping, it does not due to lack of talent. There are lots of factors behind the scene. According to me, some are following:

1. Crucial temperature.

2. Family commitments.

3. Non availability of suitable rocks, plants, woods etc. at most of the places. Although now LFS are arranging materials required in aquascaping. Before 4-5 years, only common types of plants are available in Delhi.

4. Lack of Knowledge. Most of LFS owners want to earn from us but don't want to do anything for us. Once I got a bulb of Aponogeton crispus from a famous LFS of Delhi. I want to know the name of plant. He replied me, "Bhai jo plant Guthli se niklage to uska name hoga, Guthli plant". But now aquarists are helping each other.

Here are many talented Aquascapers in India such as Bappa Da, Hamza Syed, Partha, Sreeram, Deb Ghosh, Tirtha, Dr. Shaad, Rajeev (you), Binesh, Nitesh and list is countless.......... All of we are contributing for the hobby. In coming years, we will be on the top.

There may some other reasons which can be come ahead by some other members.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
aquadream
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

SCORPIO wrote:
aquadream wrote:Rajivji congratss for making this contest a sucess :clp but one genuine question where do INDIA stand in aquascaping scenario at the end, i think that was the main motive behind this contest.To bring INDIAN talent , Happy that my scape was one among top ten , but we need to realize where we stand and what could be done further. Kindly comment.

Cheers
Rajeev
We are behind in aquascaping, it does not due to lack of talent. There are lots of factors behind the scene. According to me, some are following:

1. Crucial temperature.

2. Family commitments.

3. Non availability of suitable rocks, plants, woods etc. at most of the places. Although now LFS are arranging materials required in aquascaping. Before 4-5 years, only common types of plants are available in Delhi.

4. Lack of Knowledge. Most of LFS owners want to earn from us but don't want to do anything for us. Once I got a bulb of Aponogeton crispus from a famous LFS of Delhi. I want to know the name of plant. He replied me, "Bhai jo plant Guthli se niklage to uska name hoga, Guthli plant". But now aquarists are helping each other.

Here are many talented Aquascapers in India such as Bappa Da, Hamza Syed, Partha, Sreeram, Deb Ghosh, Tirtha, Dr. Shaad, Rajeev (you), Binesh, Nitesh and list is countless.......... All of we are contributing for the hobby. In coming years, we will be on the top.

There may some other reasons which can be come ahead by some other members.

Well said Rajivji :clap , i think contest like these should happen frequently so that words of encouragement from senior hobbyist like yourself will definelty help others . So in the years to come we will be on top.

cheers
Rajeev
parthapratim22

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

Cheers
Rajeev
Though you asked rajivji, still I would like to answer also.
Rajeev, a very good point, but you have already given the answer partially, like your scape was among top10, mine was there and also some more Indian tanks were there. Even I feel a Indian tank missed by very little margin. We will make more classic tanks to meet the world level.

Please dont think its a justification from a member of Organizing team, I see this competition in this fashion.
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60
Achintya
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Achintya »

agree with you.we have already seen some world class tanks like partha da,debraj da and others.hope we'll see some Indians in top 3 next year.
aquadream
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

parthapratim22 wrote:

Cheers
Rajeev
Though you asked rajivji, still I would like to answer also.
Rajeev, a very good point, but you have already given the answer partially, like your scape was among top10, mine was there and also some more Indian tanks were there. Even I feel a Indian tank missed by very little margin. We will make more classic tanks to meet the world level.

Please dont think its a justification from a member of Organizing team, I see this competition in this fashion.

Dear partha what you meant by classic tanks?? it means that we have to follow the set of rules set by somebody .What we need to do is to BREAK THE BARRIER ,think the unthinkable and excecute the unexpected.Try to make different theme scapes where there are no rules to follow and be proud that you have done it.See the work of octopus and Oliver knott they just deliver new things instead in nature aquarium style where definite pattern regarding placement of materials is already set and we just need to follow it may be outcome is great but we need to go beyond that to be on top.

cheers
Rajeev
parthapratim22

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

Classic tank is that which comes top in a competition.

Masters are still take part in the competition with there classic tanks. Like Oliver Knott s "moss out of tank Nano".
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60