Interview of Takayuki Fukada

Announcements and Updates related to https://aquapetz.com will be here. Only Admin/Moderators can start a new topic.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Interview of Takayuki Fukada

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Takayuki Fukada
Takayuki Fukada.jpg
IAPLC 2015 Winner

Longing_Takayuki_Fukada_final.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Interview of Takayuki Fukada

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Aquapetz: Hi Takayuki, first of all congratulations on being the winner of IAPLC-2015 from the members of https://aquapetz.com . Now you are a famous name in the world of aquascaping. Please tell about yourself and your family.

Takayuki Fukada: Thanks for your words of congratulations. I live in Tokyo, working as a graphic designer while enjoying aquatic plant layouts (Aquascaping). I live with my wife, the two of us.

Aquapetz: Please share your professional background and when and how you were attracted to aquascaping?

Takayuki Fukada: From a young age I loved drawing, and it was always my dream to do work connected to illustrations. Even 10 years ago, I was already working as a designer, when by chance event in a small bookstore, I found Mr. Amano’s photo collection, “Great Nature Within the Glass” (Glass no Naka no Daishizen)― it completely shook me, and since then I have been a captive of aquatic plant layouts. At the time I clearly felt these layouts as “living illustrations within glass.”

Aquapetz: What is the view of your family members of your hobby and what would you describe as your favorite aquascaping style and your reasons for choosing it?

Takayuki Fukada: At first my wife didn’t seem to get it, but with my continued passion and deepening involvement, she’s come around to support and cheer me on. As for my favorite layout style, I don’t really have one. I think there’s good to be found in any style. If I had to say one, I love most―the layout that I have never seen before.

Aquapetz: Where do you get inspiration to develop a new aquascape?

Takayuki Fukada: From nature photography or illustrations. Otherwise, even the plants growing in a local park―anything can provide good hints. What’s truly important is to constantly keep your antennae up for new hints to use in a layout.

Aquapetz: What aspects do you consider before develop an aquascapes? How would you say nature plays a role in developing a perfect aquascape?

Takayuki Fukada: The first thing I do is consider whether the layout I am planning is something that will truly touch the hearts of people who see it―and look back at previous works to see if there was anything like it. This is what I pay closest attention to as I go into the design. Regarding nature, as you know it requires tremendous time to model shapes that are natural. Nature gives aquarists great models to follow in order to capture the essence of the passage of time.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Aquapetz: Please describe step by step, how you developed your 2015 winner layout "Longing".

Takayuki Fukada: This layout, “Longing”, may appear as a special arrangement of wood, but in order to work that together, I spent great lengths building, testing, and countlessly reworking the structure of Unzan stones that would form the base of the layout. From there, I moved onto the left and right large driftwood structures. Of course I also lade out the fine pieces of wood used in the background, but for specific details on the construction, please refer to the image I will attach with this message.

Longing

01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
[/align]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Aquapetz: Please tell us about your achievements and awards you won in this hobby.

Takayuki Fukada: I have never entered any but the IAPLC contest. The recent results, in 2013 I won the Gold prize, and in 2014 the Bronze prize.

Aquapetz: In your winning scape, we noticed your amazing use of woods? What should an average aquascaper consider before using woods in a planted aquarium?

Takayuki Fukada: Wood is a material with much greater freedom than stone, so I highly recommend average aquascapers to work with it. However, it is important to remember the providence of nature, and consciously obey it as you imagine the matching of your wood. Of course this takes experience, but first you should carefully study the growth of trees, the attaching and spread of roots, and the way branches grow up. This care is very precious.

Aquapetz: How can an average aquascaper use rocks in a planted aquarium in your opinion that even ordinary skills would be enough for?

Takayuki Fukada: Stone is a difficult material. Most folks probably get caught up in paying attention to the shape or qualities of the stone, but what’s important is light and shadow. Don’t think about placing rocks―imagine yourself shaping light and shadow as you work, and certainly a beautiful layout will result.

Aquapetz: What is your favourite planted aquarium among your own? Please provide a growth journal of that tank.

Takayuki Fukada: Of course, my favorite of my own works is “Longing.” Please take my comments and provided materials to learn about this layout.

Aquapetz: Could you offer some tips for newbies in the hobby who want to develop effective scapes like as you. Any new insight that you might have gained that you did not get from anywhere but from your own experiences that you can share with us?

Takayuki Fukada: What’s most important is to continue to hold onto your passion. Also, making many companions who can share critique and sharpen each other will bring you on the fast path to improvement. Please do your best to enjoy Aquascaping with the friends you meet within your pursuit.

Aquapetz: Any message for https://aquapetz.com members you might have?

Takayuki Fukada: First of all, I’m grateful to you all for giving me this opportunity to speak in this interview. I will wish for the greater development of https://aquapetz.com, and also expect to see many wonderful works born from your members in the future.

Somen
Panel Members
Panel Members

Unread post by Somen »

A very nice interview from the top aquascaper of the world.
Great Job Rajeev Bhai.
Somen
Any dead fish can flow down the river but it takes a live one to swim back up stream.
parthapratim22

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

Some very important lines I have read.

Lovely job Admin Sir
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60
devchitra
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by devchitra »

Great and on right time.

nice interview.
gauravgupta
Panel Members
Panel Members

Unread post by gauravgupta »

Bravo.
Thanks to Takayuki for sharing every aspect of it, specialy detailed layout pics.

One thing which I loved about is sharing with your companions and sharpen each other. This is what I always wanted from each member. Most of us share our problems which we are facing but afraid from sharing our discoveries which can help others or may be we forgot to share that.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
Hands That Serve are Holier Than Lips That Pray!!
vikramdutta11
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by vikramdutta11 »

Lovely interview. Love it.
swapanbaruah
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by swapanbaruah »

good job Rajivji :goodpost