How can we accelerate the forum?

Discuss and post all things other than hobby.

Poll ended at Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:32 pm

Distribution of Car Stickers/Two wheeler Stickers.
19%
Advertisement in Newspapers/Magazines.
3%
Posters on L.F.S.
30%
Members of https://aquapetz.com should have an advertisement in the place of signature on other forums/sites.
38%
Any other.
11%

Total votes: 37

SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Ideas are invited to suggest the ways to accelerate the forum. Participate in the poll, If you are not agree to the options in the poll, please post.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
sushant

Re: How can we accelerate the forum?

Unread post by sushant »

Word of mouth can also be an important tool. we should try bring in more and more frnds and relative who even have a little affinity towards this hobby to join this forum.

We can also try talking to all the hobbists whom we meet at the LFS.
Sushant
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

sushant wrote:Word of mouth can also be an important tool. we should try bring in more and more frnds and relative who even have a little affinity towards this hobby to join this forum.

We can also try talking to all the hobbists whom we meet at the LFS.
Sushant, that is a good idea. I am also trying to contact to all hobbyists in my circle and requesting them to join us.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

this site is doing well. all we have to do is to avoid mistakes we have seen others make on sites like ------------------------------------------ like lack of mutual respect, groupism for personal benifit only, posting useless messages just to increase post count, taking help but making excuses when asked to make returns, etc. This alone will make the site gain critical mass over time.

this is how the internet grew to the enormous size we see today: Spontaneously; because it harnesses basic human nature and does not try to FORCE itself down anyone's throat.

one thing i like, for example, is that we discuss prices straight out. let us see how long we can keep this transparency up! Don't be afraid to recommend or criticise, just be truthful. if questioned, take a stand.

PS: please refrain from mentioning other sites in bad spirit. - Jibran
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

BTW, i love www.indianaquariumhobbyist.com, Aquarium Club Delhi on facebook and orkut, and Arul Nathan's online community.

each of these has made a difference, added something new or interesting.
ishaan
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by ishaan »

Romi wrote:this site is doing well. all we have to do is to avoid mistakes we have seen others make on sites like ------------------------------------------- like lack of mutual respect, groupism for personal benifit only, posting useless messages just to increase post count, taking help but making excuses when asked to make returns, etc. This alone will make the site gain critical mass over time.

this is how the internet grew to the enormous size we see today: Spontaneously; because it harnesses basic human nature and does not try to FORCE itself down anyone's throat.

one thing i like, for example, is that we discuss prices straight out. let us see how long we can keep this transparency up! Don't be afraid to recommend or criticise, just be truthful. if questioned, take a stand.
I want to add one more thing
Experts should not be rude to newbes and also should not make fun of them.. I don't want to name those on iah and thats why many hobbyist get discouraged and stop posting
A collection of mistakes is called experience and experience is the key to success.
Ishaan Pathania
+919041208868
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

ishaan wrote:
Romi wrote:this site is doing well. all we have to do is to avoid mistakes we have seen others make on sites like ------------------------------------------- like lack of mutual respect, groupism for personal benifit only, posting useless messages just to increase post count, taking help but making excuses when asked to make returns, etc. This alone will make the site gain critical mass over time.

I want to add one more thing
Experts should not be rude to newbes and also should not make fun of them.. I don't want to name those on iah and thats why many hobbyist get discouraged and stop posting
Here nobody is rude toward newbies. All of the seniors are trying to guide newbies.

parthapratim22

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

First of all, love the forum attitude!!!

And only I felt last couple of days the flow was little slow, other than, since I have joined I am not seeing people stop posting...not only posting, the contribution is quite rich...I am always online in all forums but I would definitely not expect others same.

Mods of APZ I really feel its going with good speed and will fill the expectation of maximum members.

Ishaan in some cases as a newbie we should not argue which ruins the image of the member and so mods are forced to jump... even when I was new in IAH I felt very bad with some comments, but attitude is like "dont care and give respect" :D...but it is for sure, Mods cant be very ease...

Romiji, every forum should have its own uniqueness...and it should flourish base on that...
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60
maaz
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by maaz »

I would like to say we organize contest for everyone...and post this add in other forums..
Regards,

Maaz Ahmad
maazahmad84@gmail.com
parthapratim22

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

maaz wrote:I would like to say we organize contest for everyone...and post this add in other forums..
Yes this can increase the involvement of other members.
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60