Friday afternoon.. worst time of the week

Post your quires related to aquatic photography.
Romi
Editor
Editor

Re: Friday afternoon.. worst time of the week

Unread post by Romi »

by our modest standards, they are all very good hands . But I like the bronze cories the best :) Wish more people could appreciate this natural colour form. the albinos are everywhere in Delhi but these are not ..
jibran_shariff
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by jibran_shariff »

A nice set sumer
The bangai is my favorite although it pains me to see the tail go missing
sumer
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by sumer »

jibran_shariff wrote:A nice set sumer
The bangai is my favorite although it pains me to see the tail go missing
Thanks Jib. It was a casual shoot at a LFS. With all the customers swinging here and there, I admit, I couldn't compose the shots very well.
Recently, I got a chance to interview (the biggest or the greatest?) livebearer collector (or maybe hoarder) in the States. I had his fishroom to myself for good 5 hours. I made some nice photos.
Here's an example:
Don't only practice your art, but force your way into it's secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine.
My aquarium photography: Plays Of Rays
sumer
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by sumer »

Romi wrote:by our modest standards, they are all very good hands . But I like the bronze cories the best :) Wish more people could appreciate this natural colour form. the albinos are everywhere in Delhi but these are not ..
Thanks Romi.
Yeah you're right. The albino ones are maybe easy to breed commercially? These look better than the albino ones.
Don't only practice your art, but force your way into it's secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine.
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

Sumer, I think the albino bronze cory became popular worldwide at a time when albino fish were a novelty. We are talking the early 1900s here. :) By the time albinos appeared in other species and the charm wore off, the albino cory was already widespread. No it is not more hardy, in fact less so due to the usual inbreeding. The Bronze Corydoras is a classic species, due to the variants available of it, and the sheer adaptability of this fish. some people think it is THE perfect aquarium fish, since it is peaceful, works hard at scavenging, is easily bred, is found in many morphs (including Green Lazer!), the mating fish are supposed to choose mates randomly, and it loves company of other fish, especially more of its own species.

you are very lucky to be able to befriend such a senior and dedicated hobbyist. I find it amazing how open and inviting the top notch fish lovers are to newer ones who show the same kind of passion. I have benefited from the same kind of camaraderie myself too. like you, I wouldn't say who here whis
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

I love these Limia.

show us some Goodeids too? coolbig
sumer
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by sumer »

I wasn't allowed to post these photos anywhere but I couldn't resist when you mentioned these amazing and interesting fish. Here's one of the many he has:

Ilyodon furcidens
Pintoo
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Pintoo »

amazing photographs.