Controlling aquarium on web

Post the details about DIY Projects.
marsaiko
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Controlling aquarium on web

Unread post by marsaiko »

Hello people, I was just looking at this option of caretaking our tanks remotely when we are not athome from internet, and may be we can have a link on forum also.
to control Like lights, filter, etc.

Can you please give some more info for me to take forward, as to what similar products are available and what more can be controlled.
I am sure many must have thought about this at some point of time, so please share your views.

Thanks a lot :dance
nut cases ratt
brainless growl
rest you dont understand, and thats where you read/think TWICE before you post!!
parthapratim22

Re: Controlling aquarium on web

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

when we have products like timer, automatic fish food...why on web?

All adjusted when we leave home, right?

Can you please explain a bit more!
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60
ishaan
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by ishaan »

parthapratim22 wrote:when we have products like timer, automatic fish food...why on web?

:1 :1
timers for Co2 and lighting , food timer for feeding. but if you are really interested in spending money you can make an automatic water changing system :lol:
A collection of mistakes is called experience and experience is the key to success.
Ishaan Pathania
+919041208868
marsaiko

parthapratim22 wrote:when we have products like timer, automatic fish food...why on web?

:1 even I feel the same, but people seems to using some device to get SMS alerts of temperature pH like things and all about tank
so want to know if its needed only
ishaan wrote:

timers for Co2 and lighting , food timer for feeding. but if you are really interested in spending money you can make an automatic water changing system :lol:
this one will be cool :thumup , but I have heard that for this extra sump/drum is necessary? or else during failures overflow can happen
nut cases ratt
brainless growl
rest you dont understand, and thats where you read/think TWICE before you post!!
ishaan

Unread post by ishaan »

marsaiko wrote:
ishaan wrote:

this one will be cool :thumup , but I have heard that for this extra sump/drum is necessary? or else during failures overflow can happen
yes commonly the automatic water change is done from the sump so avoid any accidental sucking up of live stock in the outlet, and drums are also required because we are living in india where you are not sure whether water will be coming at that time or not. :LOL
A collection of mistakes is called experience and experience is the key to success.
Ishaan Pathania
+919041208868
marsaiko

lolz, more worried because there is no place for drums at home.
So what doyou think about original post? may be ifyou are away for 4-5days and want to see tank and know the details, useful then?
nut cases ratt
brainless growl
ishaan

Unread post by ishaan »

marsaiko wrote:lolz, more worried because there is no place for drums at home.
So what doyou think about original post? may be ifyou are away for 4-5days and want to see tank and know the details, useful then?
marsaiko wrote:some device to get SMS alerts of temperature pH like things and all about tank
there are some devices available in the market to turn on/off the electrical equipments but as far as i know sms alert like devices are not easily available in the market. you will have to design your own circuit for this purpose that can work with digital thermometer and ph meter, etc. its really a tough job :thumup . if you succeed make one for me too :mrgreen:
Ishaan Pathania
+919041208868
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

ishaan wrote:
marsaiko wrote:lolz, more worried because there is no place for drums at home.
marsaiko wrote:some device to get SMS alerts of temperature pH like things and all about tank
there are some devices available in the market to turn on/off the electrical equipments but as far as i know sms alert like devices are not easily available in the market. you will have to design your own circuit for this purpose that can work with digital thermometer and ph meter, etc. its really a tough job :thumup . if you succeed make one for me too :mrgreen:
I have read somewhere about these types of gadgets for reef aquariums. Wait, I will send you the link after searching.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
jack

Unread post by jack »

Neptunes are the best in this system.... Better ask your friends who are from engienering background and they can surely help you..... I ll ask few of my friends for details they might be able to help....
Finally i am Broke but Happy :D