wish to set up a marine tank

Forum for discus about various Fish, Corals, Anemones, Invertebrates etc.
ABBI
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

wish to set up a marine tank

Unread post by ABBI »

It has been about 9-10 months into fish keeping for me. Plz go through the link to get an idea abt the fishes tht i have kept till now https://www.facebook.com/prof.abhayshar ... 811&type=3
made sme pretty bad choices abt the fishes tht i kept but luckily not even a single fish died in my tank...
Now i wish to graduate to a marine set up...
will u please guide me ...
I mean how and wht to start with...the approx. expenses involved...etc
I am from Meerut (UP)...so will be buying the equipment and fishes from Delhi...
my tank size is must be smewhere between 42 to 48 gallons...

Thx in advance
shergill00
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: wish to set up a marine tank

Unread post by shergill00 »

Abbi why don't you join aquapetz meet on 11 Aug in dehi. And learn it live from Ashokji as agenda of this meet would be marine tank. Or get in touch with Gaurav from Karnal, you will get all the information you want.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

ABBI wrote:I mean how and wht to start with...the approx. expenses involved...etc
There is no limitations of expenses in marine tank. You can start from several thousands and can invest as much you want. All depends, what fish/invertebrates you planning.
ABBI wrote:I am from Meerut (UP)...so will be buying the equipment and fishes from Delhi...
I know the summers of Meerut. Around 8 months in a year you need a chiller. Livestock is also not available frequently.
ABBI wrote:my tank size is must be smewhere between 42 to 48 gallons...
Bigger will be best. In later stage, you can keep smaller tank after experience.
shergill00 wrote:Abbi why don't you join aquapetz meet on 11 Aug in dehi. And learn it live from Ashokji as agenda of this meet would be marine tank. Or get in touch with Gaurav from Karnal, you will get all the information you want.
I will also advice you to join the meet on August 11 at Ashok Ji residence. I suppose you will learn most of the basics of marine side of hobby.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
ABBI
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by ABBI »

1. On official tour till 20th august....assam and north east...
2. when it comes to cars..u have a TATA NANO and a Lammborghini as well...this analogy applies everywhere
3. shuruat badi cheez hai....rest all can easily fall in place...remember RAANJHANA
4. I am fan of MAGGI 2 minute noodle... BIG B bhi hain
5. studied at DU and CHAMPION was like GOD.. any one from DU and duffer like me will understand ...10 questions prepare karo...thts it..
6. So plz dont say 'read, read and read more on internet' bass all i promise wont take my GURU down...guide me ....
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

ABBI wrote:1. On official tour till 20th august....assam and north east...
2. when it comes to cars..u have a TATA NANO and a Lammborghini as well...this analogy applies everywhere
3. shuruat badi cheez hai....rest all can easily fall in place...remember RAANJHANA
5. studied at DU and CHAMPION was like GOD.. any one from DU and duffer like me will understand ...10 questions prepare karo...thts it..
:LOL :roll
ABBI wrote:6. So plz dont say 'read, read and read more on internet' bass all i promise wont take my GURU down...guide me ....
Anybody have not advised you to read till now. But reading is must. I have kept marine tank around 3+ years after reading some books/internet sites. I am again advising you to read, read and read due to following........... :LOL
1. Marine creatures are not available easily.
2. Everything is expensive.
3. We should always respect to life.
4. Finalize everything what you want to keep in your tank. Changing your wish and views is very expensive in marine side of hobby.

In this hobby no one is master. I am keeping aquariums from years but still learning. I thought if I read too much in my student life, at present I will be IPS/IAS. diablo You can also learn everything from an experienced hobbyist. So that we have advised you to join the meet but you are on official tour so not possible.

All of we like to have a good beginning so make plans. Setting up a marine tank is not a Maggi two minute plan so don't go in too much hurry.

Best of Luck.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
maaz
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by maaz »

ABBI wrote:1. On official tour till 20th august....assam and north east...
6. So plz dont say 'read, read and read more on internet' bass all i promise wont take my GURU down...guide me ....

:LOL :LOL :LOL :LOL :LOL :LOL :LOL :LOL :LOL
Regards,

Maaz Ahmad
maazahmad84@gmail.com
Sripad
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Sripad »

Reading reading and more reading is a MUST and so is patience, if something happens quickly in a marine tank, it is most probably not a good thing.
You need to first chalk out a budget and then plan the tank, you can spend a few thousand to tens of lakhs on a tank and thus you need to plan accordingly
ABBI
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by ABBI »

thx to all MAAZ, SRIPAD AND SCORPIO....I WILL ATTEND A FEW MEETS IN DELHI BEFORE TAKING THE PLUNGE...
shergill00
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by shergill00 »

ABBI wrote:thx to all MAAZ, SRIPAD AND SCORPIO....I WILL ATTEND A FEW MEETS IN DELHI BEFORE TAKING THE PLUNGE...

Abbi these meets are not monthly ones. If you are not able to attend better go out to Delhi and fix time with people who can guide you.
jack

Unread post by jack »

Interesting :LOL i am in a hurry but will give you detailed answer in starting marine ...

But i ll say bigger the better and read read and read more thats the key.....
Finally i am Broke but Happy :D