A new 4ft planted tank

How to setup an Immersed setup/Paludarium/Terrarium/Vivarium etc.?
aawnaik
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

A new 4ft planted tank

Unread post by aawnaik »

During the next 3-4 months I am going to set up a new 4ft planted tank which would go well with the overall aesthetics of the drawing room.

I am looking out for a modular tank and aesthetically good looking table and some sort of hanging lighting system.

Can I Hv some suggestions please.
Amit Naik
[background=][/background]
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: A new 4ft planted tank

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Why do you not choose extra clear glass tank with wooden cover and table?
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
parthapratim22

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

Go for custom made table and tank. Various lighting options are available in market.
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60
aawnaik
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by aawnaik »

I am more inclined to go for imported modular tank. However, wondering what could be the lighting (in terms of hood and not the actual lights) system. Currently I am using a wooden hang on hood but its too heavy and bulky. Looking for some light weight and elegant panel or so which would cater to the high light requirement of the tank.

Any suggestions?
Amit Naik
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

aawnaik wrote:I am more inclined to go for imported modular tank. However, wondering what could be the lighting (in terms of hood and not the actual lights) system. Currently I am using a wooden hang on hood but its too heavy and bulky. Looking for some light weight and elegant panel or so which would cater to the high light requirement of the tank.

Any suggestions?

Are you talking about Acrylic tank? They get scratch easily.

I am agree to Partha, there are lots of custom made hoods and tables in the market.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

aawnaik
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by aawnaik »

Where to check, any idea?
Amit Naik
parthapratim22

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

Molded tank has height more than actually required , but has much less depth than actually required, they have unnecessary Hood thats not suited for planted or India climate when summer is in the peak, you may need to install fan also in summer, but no chance. I have worked for couple of these tanks I know. So I suggest Normal India Tank. Go to a good shop in Mumbai and ask for a tank, you may also get good lighting option from there or online like Aquabynature etc
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

parthapratim22 wrote:Molded tank has height more than actually required , but has much less depth than actually required, they have unnecessary Hood thats not suited for planted or India climate when summer is in the peak, you may need to install fan also in summer, but no chance. I have worked for couple of these tanks I know. So I suggest Normal India Tank. Go to a good shop in Mumbai and ask for a tank, you may also get good lighting option from there or online like Aquabynature etc
+1, If you plan to take pics of the tank at any stage ,then molded tanks are not a good option.

Sent from my SM-A500G using Tapatalk
Sushant
aawnaik
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by aawnaik »

Thanks for the inputs. I am also inclined to go for a locally made tank. However, still wondering about lighting. The ready options are too expensive. The locally made wooden are too bulky. What would be the best elegant looking option?
Amit Naik
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Go for a custom made Acrylic hood. You can talk to Aamir, if he can send to your place. He made ACrylic hoods.