Aquapetz Aquascaping Contest 2014

Forum for discuss freshwater/Brackish fishes.
Romi
Editor
Editor

Re: Aquapetz Aquascaping Contest 2014

Unread post by Romi »

Achintya wrote:but we should keep in mind few things to judge this type of tank:
1.overstock issue
2.compatible issue
3.natural/artificial looking

I agree with Toomanyfish and Achintya.

We should have a category where ANY kind of tank can be entered. In light of Kaushikda's suggestion, let us include even a marine tank (if someone has a marine tank and feels it is worth entering in the contest).

In this category, we should consider a tank on basis of criteria mentioned by Achintya
1. Correct stocking (marked down if overstocked)
2. Compatibility of stock (marked down if species are dangerous to each other)
3. Should not be fake or artificial looking

a few additional points from me:

4. The tank should show originality in some way. For instance Oliviera made a tree on AGA and the idea was so good, it spread fast and everyone had aquatic tress in aquascapes that very year in other contests. Oliviera became famous but now no judge even blinks when he sees another tree.

5. Tanks that are also low maintenance or low light, or show us the way to spending less money, and yet being equally artistic or ingenious: such tanks should be marked higher, and encouraged in this category. This is because tanks that use less energy are better for the environment, they make us more aware of the need to work to help save Mother Nature from over-exploitation destruction. Secondly, cheaper tanks mean that even poor or modest people can enjoy our hobby, and less people are scared away by the fear that aquariums are always expensive to keep.
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

Let us have an open category where even a 16-year-old teenager or a 70 year old grandfather can compete, brining different styles and ideas and philosophies together, and let us choose the most exciting and beautiful and original one of them all.

Our hobby is very vast. Only recently, I had the honour to see Monty Chadda's tanks. His tanks showed that there is no limit to the number of approaches that can be equally successful in building beautiful tanks...
Achintya
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Achintya »

judging in this open category will be the toughest one.so many things they have to consider.But this will be a worth category to add.
but somehow I feel that it will a little tough to judge both freshwater and marine tank under same category.
devchitra
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by devchitra »

it can be a nice addition in the contest. but the cost of gifts/trophy should also consider.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

devchitra wrote:it can be a nice addition in the contest. but the cost of gifts/trophy should also consider.
Funds will be not a problem at all. Some of the members always provide financial help for the contest. For next year I have another plan to arrange funds for the contest. I am committed to establish Aquapetz Aquascaping Contest as a leading aquascaping contest of world.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
devchitra

Unread post by devchitra »

SCORPIO wrote:
devchitra wrote:it can be a nice addition in the contest. but the cost of gifts/trophy should also consider.
Funds will be not a problem at all. Some of the members always provide financial help for the contest. For next year I have another plan to arrange funds for the contest. I am committed to establish Aquapetz Aquascaping Contest as a leading aquascaping contest of world.
great.
toomanyfish
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by toomanyfish »

any further thought on this
parthapratim22

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

toomanyfish wrote:any further thought on this
As of now forum and the contest need to be more mature from all angles to add more categories so that all new categories get proper importance.
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60
Turrok
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Turrok »

Riparium comes under the planted category ??? sorry but new to this forum thnk
Regards -----
KIRAN

Let’s put a smile on that face! ”
parthapratim22

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

Welcome to the forum, only underwater portion can be evaluated. Still I will say this is for planted tank, so I think Riparium will be different.
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60