Help for sourcing new type of Live Food

Forum for discuss on fish/Invertebrates food.
Romi
Editor
Editor

Help for sourcing new type of Live Food

Unread post by Romi »

Some fish species do not accept small worms or similar live food but will still not eat dry food. They need something bigger like earthworms or live shrimp. One species of crayfish is famous for reproducing very fast, and makes hundreds of babies that do not fight each other. This makes it possible to use it for live food.

I need a contact in the US or UK who knows about fishkeeping and can help source this crayfish species. That person could get it to India. I and my other live food friends will be happy to pay all incidental expenses and more. I will also go out of my way to help the person with keeping it for himself if he is interested, or any other live food.

If you think you can help, please contact by PM.

best wishes,
Romi
9871524269, please sms or WhatsApp
ekshringa13(@)gmail.com
sushant

Re: Help for sourcing new type of Live Food

Unread post by sushant »

Don't want to hijack this thread but out of curiosity would like to know won't it be easier to keep meal worm instead???
Sushant
saikumar
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by saikumar »

If its not a secret, can you reveal that crayfish name please?
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

It is a variety of a very common species, Sai. Revealing the name here will not be appropriate because due to its prolific nature, it has invasive potential. We must be very careful about not damaging India's native species chances... Let me PM you as soon as we identify how to import it....
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

@sushant, no mealworms are not as easy as you think, not always. They are prone to grain mite infestations in the hot months . ... I have kept them for a long time now, and the mites turn me off. The solution is very time consuming for me.