Normal LEDs

Post your quires regarding lighting needs in planted aquariums.
parthapratim22

Normal LEDs

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

Want to buy 2-3 pieces of normal 5watt LEDs for coming 2 ftr biotope tank just to get the lighting effect.

Anybody using them in their tanks?
What is the requirements and price?
Will they do good for biotope lighting?
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Normal LEDs

Unread post by SCORPIO »

parthapratim22 wrote:Anybody using them in their tanks?
Never used used but light is bright. Bappa Da using these lights in his Blackwater tank.
parthapratim22 wrote:What is the requirements and price?
Ready in plug in AC. Price is around 550 to 600 in Bhagirat Place, Delhi.
parthapratim22 wrote:Will they do good for biotope lighting?
You can use these light for small tanks and if you want a focus effect of lighting in the tank.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
nash81
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by nash81 »

SCORPIO wrote:
parthapratim22 wrote:Anybody using them in their tanks?
Never used used but light is bright. Bappa Da using these lights in his Blackwater tank.
parthapratim22 wrote:What is the requirements and price?
Ready in plug in AC. Price is around 550 to 600 in Bhagirat Place, Delhi.
parthapratim22 wrote:Will they do good for biotope lighting?
You can use these light for small tanks and if you want a focus effect of lighting in the tank.
Just a small Correction, Bappa da is using 3W Lights and 10W lights in his blackwater.

10W Lights are costing Rs 500 now, 3W ones you get multiple choices, local chinese ones cost around 150 - 200, some good quality ones can go upto 600-800 as well.

These are good for biotope lights where you do not want very bright effects and prefer more like a sunbeam prenetration look. Makes it more natural, choose warm white as your colour choice.

Regards
Nirav.
marsaiko
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by marsaiko »

you mean ready to plug in 3W LEDs?
nut cases ratt
brainless growl
rest you dont understand, and thats where you read/think TWICE before you post!!
amit
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by amit »

I don't know about this costly leds, but I hv used in my black water setup...5 wtt led spot Warm effct, which cost around Rs 18, and holder @ Rs 2.00 only.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... r.....this one the reference about how the light effect shows up
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

you can contact NIrav, now a days he's stocking LEDs.
Sushant
ishaan
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by ishaan »

amit wrote:I don't know about this costly leds, but I hv used in my black water setup...5 wtt led spot Warm effct, which cost around Rs 18, and holder @ Rs 2.00 only.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... r.....this one the reference about how the light effect shows up
:1 i have also used Rs.2 led, but you will have to get appropriate driver for it
A collection of mistakes is called experience and experience is the key to success.
Ishaan Pathania
+919041208868
nash81
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by nash81 »

@AMIT

The intensity of that light is not even that of a 1W Led running at its potential. Even chinese leds from everlight and moonlight in 3W cost Rs 24 - 44/- , a Good quality 1W LED also cost more than Rs 18/-. The cheapest 1W led you will get is Rs 3/- but light is equivalent to less than 1/2watt.

To Run a 5W led you need a driver of 6V x 990mA (general specs of most manufacturers ) to its potential or atleast 700ma, any good quality constant current driver of that capacity itself will cost around Rs 200/- even if you were to assemble and make the circuit yourself dont think the parts will be less than Rs 150/-. Also when we talk of 5W we are talking of an led that can seriously get hot and roast a papad if kept long enough at the tiny spots of its placement. So running it without heat sinks, means the life of the leds will drop to less than 1/2 or even lesser.

Regards,
Technician
IPS.