Query related to possible CO2 Cylinder position

Post your quires on Carbon Dioxide and alternative products.
anuragsonik
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: Query related to possible CO2 Cylinder position

Unread post by anuragsonik »

Thanks for the suggestions mates. Wii take care of those.
Regards,
prajjwal
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by prajjwal »

Wanted to write the same thing...but did a search before putting it...

Here we go -

http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/foru ... er-ok.html

Also, please keep it out of reach from your child.... The pressure inside it too high!! And get a new ISI certified Cylinder and Branded Regulator (ESAB etc)

Thanks & Regards,
Prajjwal
Aquachem
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Aquachem »

anuragsonik wrote:Hi All,
After disappointments with my low tech tank that was started in this January, I have planned to get pressurized CO2 setup for the tank. Now the challenge is that I don't find any suitable place to keep the cylinder near my tank, also it is placed very low & Cylinder can't be kept below vertically. Is it advisable to keep cylinder horizontally? I've never seen it kept that ways, so very curious to know before I get one :cnf . Pls Advice.
Why can you not place your cylinder below your tank? I have a check valve. I understand the possible reason could be water return. I have been facing some funny problems with my CO2. It is ISI weldstar one with needle valve and solenoid. The problem is that the needle in 2nd gauge keeps moving. as in whe the timer is on it touches 2 and when timer turns off the pressure falls to almost half way above 0.
and with time this pressure increases and even when the timer is off the needle stays near 2 but then my solenoid fails to cut off completely.
anuragsonik
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Aquachem wrote:Why can you not place your cylinder below your tank? I have a check valve. I understand the possible reason could be water return.
Height of the stand is very low & cylinder can't fit in there vertical. have got the setup now & found that it fits in just next to tank along with filter.
Matrix
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Matrix »

sushant wrote:
anuragsonik wrote:Can anyone suggest if there will be any problem using around 5-6 mtrs of CO2 supply pipe from regulator to tank, if the cylinder is placed in Balcony.

Regards
as long as you are using PU tubing there would be no problem or losses through the tube(whch is possible with regular aquarium tube, but the tank should be kept in a cool shaded place away from direct sunlight else due to high heat and thus increased pressure may result in blowing off of safety valve.
Just for info -
A fully charged CO2 cylinder at room temperature (80 F), the pressure inside the cylinder is around 900-950 psi. The same at 87.9 F will have an internal pressure of approximately 1100 psi & at 120 F it will rise nearly to 2000 psi.

Reg Tank Position -
Gas filled in is in liquid state under pressure chances of liquid leaking and damaging the regulator & safety valve are more when kept horizontal.
---
Amol
Aquachem
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Aquachem »

thanx for that. good direct info. also then is it better that one should fill lesser gas during summers. ?
anuragsonik
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Matrix wrote:
sushant wrote:
anuragsonik wrote:Can anyone suggest if there will be any problem using around 5-6 mtrs of CO2 supply pipe from regulator to tank, if the cylinder is placed in Balcony.

Regards
as long as you are using PU tubing there would be no problem or losses through the tube(whch is possible with regular aquarium tube, but the tank should be kept in a cool shaded place away from direct sunlight else due to high heat and thus increased pressure may result in blowing off of safety valve.
Just for info -
A fully charged CO2 cylinder at room temperature (80 F), the pressure inside the cylinder is around 900-950 psi. The same at 87.9 F will have an internal pressure of approximately 1100 psi & at 120 F it will rise nearly to 2000 psi.

Reg Tank Position -
Gas filled in is in liquid state under pressure chances of liquid leaking and damaging the regulator & safety valve are more when kept horizontal.
Thanks Amol for detailed Information, quite useful to all. I have got the setup now & cylinder has been easily placed next to tank itself.

Regards,