Result of Cross Breeding between various SHRIMPS.

Forum for discuss freshwater/ Brackish Invertebrates.
Romi
Editor
Editor

Re: Result of Cross Breeding between various SHRIMPS.

Unread post by Romi »

That is true Arjun, but this group of shrimps is rather similar. In fact, don't u think all the Caridinia look like the same shrimp in different coloured dresses? :lol: i am sure they can hybridize and still be fertile... I suspect the most colourful ones might be hybrids in addtion to mere colour varieties...

Rajiv, kindly develop this shrimp line ASAP, like Vijendra's ruby red RCS, to unprecedented level of uniqueness. Everyone must do something unique once in a while... :mrgreen:
Arjun Tandon
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Arjun Tandon »

Romi wrote:That is true Arjun, but this group of shrimps is rather similar. In fact, don't u think all the Caridinia look like the same shrimp in different coloured dresses? :lol: i am sure they can hybridize and still be fertile... I suspect the most colourful ones might be hybrids in addtion to mere colour varieties...
Yeah very true Romi. I forgot that different variants of the same species can interbreed with fertile offsprings.
Romi wrote:Rajiv, kindly develop this shrimp line ASAP, like Vijendra's ruby red RCS, to unprecedented level of uniqueness. Everyone must do something unique once in a while... :mrgreen:
:goodpost
syed.ali
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by syed.ali »

i think this is indian rainbow shrimp only. I have them and same female in one tank showed transparent color and now in another tank its pretty much same your pic, the tail section is dark brown and rest body is light brown
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

syed.ali wrote:i think this is indian rainbow shrimp only. I have them and same female in one tank showed transparent color and now in another tank its pretty much same your pic, the tail section is dark brown and rest body is light brown

Show us a pic, Syed. Are they breeding?> We will see and try to make out.

Even some cherries have a dorsal stripe, it is found in many shrimp. All the rainbow shrimps i got with the help of Rajiv, Amir, and Ikram Hussain (amir's pal and neighbour in Loni, very nice fellow) showed a lot of variation in colour. Rajiv and Amir revealed that they change colour as per the diet. None of mine ever turned brown, they were all clear with tint of green, white, blue, but no browns at all. I think Ikram confirmed he had even totally black ones, and i did see one more like that which i could not convince them to give me :roll ..
syed.ali

Unread post by syed.ali »

yep, like i said there is one female which was all transparent with dorsal strip, now in the other tank, she has turned dark chocolate brown with cream color stripe.
Kaushik
Panel Members
Panel Members

Unread post by Kaushik »

Whatever the out come but I must say that this is a great experiment, immense satisfaction.. Congrats Rajivjee :clap
"If you salute your duty, you need not salute anybody. But if you pollute your duty,you have to salute everybody.“
We have a choice. Do what pleases us and then face the consequences or else abide by our duty and stand tall
-A P J Abdul Kalam