Canister filter not working!!!

Forum for discuss about various equipments used with freshwater aquariums.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Canister filter not working!!!

Unread post by SCORPIO »

I have a canister and it is non-used from 2 years. Today I want to install it in a tank. But it does not work. I checked its impeller. Some black powder like has found. Current is going properly in the filter but impeller is not revolving. What should I do so that it can work??

Please help....
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
gauravgupta
Panel Members
Panel Members

Re: Canister filter not working!!!

Unread post by gauravgupta »

SCORPIO wrote:I have a canister and it is non-used from 2 years. Today I want to install it in a tank. But it does not work. I checked its impeller. Some black powder like has found. Current is going properly in the filter but impeller is not revolving. What should I do so that it can work??

Please help....
Sir, because of use after two years, magnet may get jammed. May be you have to replace it with new magnet for a try. I have faced magnet problem in canister filter twice or thrice. In seeing they look ok but they got jammed from inner. I don't knw what tht part called but that white part of the magnet should be work freely then the black part of it.
Hands That Serve are Holier Than Lips That Pray!!
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

if the coil is not burnt then try cleaning the impeller and the compartment in which it sits thoroughly, if this still doesn't work you will have to change the impeller.
Sushant
jack

Unread post by jack »

Try to clean it with acid .... It should work than
Finally i am Broke but Happy :D