Recreational angling survey

Forum for discuss freshwater/Brackish fishes.
nishikant
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Recreational angling survey

Unread post by nishikant »

Dear All,

I am a PhD student at the Geography Department of King's College London, UK. My research focuses on river conservation in India. I have a deep interest in the Mahseer species found within the Himalayan Rivers, where my study sites are located.

As part of my study, and in collaboration with the Mahseer Trust, UK (www.mahseertrust.org), I am trying to understand the level of environmental awareness and conservation support within the recreational fishing community, for which I have developed an online questionnaire.

The questionnaire takes no more than five minutes to complete and all respondents will be contributing to an international drive to raise awareness of the conservation benefits of sustainable sport angling worldwide.

The link to the questionnaire is: http://goo.gl/pSYxQ0

Would it be possible for you to please assist me by participating in this study?
Romi
Editor
Editor

Re: Recreational angling survey

Unread post by Romi »

Hi Nishikant,

Recreational fishing is not something I would associate with the typical fishkeeper on this website. That is because most of us own aquariums as opposed to fishing tackles. My fishing tackle is my father's......kept for sentimental reasons only. I know Mahseer fishing brings us some valuable foreign exchange, among other things, but i would urge you to to find an authentic angler's website for more responses to your query.

best wishes,
Romi
nishikant
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: Recreational angling survey

Unread post by nishikant »

Thank you very much Romi...I will do so immediately :)