ADA or contro i m confused???? help!!

Forum for discussion on substrate and fertilizers used in aquariums
Spyroji
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

ADA or contro i m confused???? help!!

Unread post by Spyroji »

Well i m planning to set up new 4x1.5x2 ft planted aquarium in my office and want glosso as foreground plant .please suggest me what to use i had used ADA earlier but it has algae issues and hazy water........so thinking to opt for contro soil but someone told me contro soil can't hold glosso firmly it uproots easily please suggest........what should i opt for.!!! ADA or Contro....
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: ADA or contro i m confused???? help!!

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Spyroji wrote:contro soil can't hold glosso firmly it uproots easily please suggest........what should i opt for.!!! ADA or Contro....
It is not a true fact that contro soil can't hold the glosso. You can use any of the both substrates. The granual size should be small for proper growth of glosso. Glosso also love soft water with potassium and Iron.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
jack

Unread post by jack »

Any day ADA
Finally i am Broke but Happy :D
bmukh
Experts
Experts

Unread post by bmukh »

ADA. Tried, tested and most importantly most of us having som experience with that, may be able to help you
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

the only problem i face with ADA is that they disintegrate fast and won't be a good option if you are someone who likes to experiment too much with your scape/ removing and relocating plants.
Sushant
Abhishek
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Abhishek »

sushant wrote:the only problem i face with ADA is that they disintegrate fast and won't be a good option if you are someone who likes to experiment too much with your scape/ removing and relocating plants.
That takes more than a year :)
Sripad
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Sripad »

Go for fluval plant stratum and shrimp stratum on top. Like ada normal and powder type. Zero algae issues, easy to replant, cheaper.