CO2 Regulator not working

Post your quires on Carbon Dioxide and alternative products.
pinaki_pal
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

CO2 Regulator not working

Unread post by pinaki_pal »

Hi,

from yesterday my Yamato CO2 regulator (Industrial Grade) is not working....i can see the pressure at first dial.But, no reading is appearing at second dial even though i pushed the nob to it's maximum...... now my question is --has anyone faced the same issue ?? IS there anyway to repair it or there is no way other than putting it into trash ??

It was a brand new regulator :( :( :( :( ........ again i have to spend on regulator ....frustrating :( :(
asheesh
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: CO2 Regulator not working

Unread post by asheesh »

Every machine can be repaired (exceptions Chinese goods very hard to open and find the parts) I would say you should visit some repair shops before you yourself try to open it and may damage it
Image Image Image
devchitra
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by devchitra »

regulators are repairable so visit on gas filling shpos in ur locality. they will help in finding the suitable person to repair the regulator
pinaki_pal
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Will b trying that definitely
sumer
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by sumer »

So the first dial (the one which shows the pressure in the cylinder) is showing the pressure but the second dial, which shows the out pressure isn't working?
I can see 2 things that you yourself can check. If not, repair is always an option.

1. This has happened with me many a times to tell you the truth. And it happens all the times when there is NO gas in the tank. Somehow the tank pressure dial keeps showing that there is some pressure in the tank but actually there's is not. So check that first.

2. Second thing that I could have happen is a blockage in the reg. Have you opened the reg recently?
Even a very small particle can cause the blockage in the reg. Remember there was a cap on the CGA valve when you bough the reg? That was just to ensure that no foreign particle can enter the reg. Thats why I always suggest cleaning the mouth of the cylinder before putting on the reg. Any dirt on the cylinder mouth can easily enter reg.

So check for the first thing first. Then to take care of the second thing- try to blow some air from a vacuum cleaner in the opposite direction of the normal CO2 flow in the reg. If it works out, great or go to the repair shop :)
Don't only practice your art, but force your way into it's secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine.
My aquarium photography: Plays Of Rays
pinaki_pal
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

recently replaced it with up aqua n it is working fine....hence we can discard 1st option...now blockage...i think it may occur....i'll check immediate n let u know the result....