LFS of Denver: Neptune's Tropical Fish

Discuss and post all things other than hobby.
sumer
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

LFS of Denver: Neptune's Tropical Fish

Unread post by sumer »

Hello all,

I hope you all are doing great and so are your tanks.

I'd first ask you to imagine something. Imagine that you are entering a LFS. The moment you open the door, you don't smell anything... no bad smells at all. All the aisles are so wide that 3 people can walk together at the same time. All the tanks are so clean that they can make your tanks at home look unclean. All the fish go through a compulsory 2 weeks period of quarantine. Prices are very reasonable. From live food to driftwood to the best of the best livestock... Everything is available there. The staff is very knowledgeable.
Sounds unreal, right? I know it does.
But my visit to Neptune's Tropical Fish Store changed the image of a typical LFS that I had before. . All the things that I asked you to imagine were there in this LFS. It was like a dream LFS.
The store was amazingly clean and free of ANY foul smells. I usually avoid going directly to the tanks. I like to start from the billing counter. I notice if the people working there greet to me or not. In this shop, I heard 5 "Hello" at the same time. A person walked to me immediately and started talking to me. I told him that I am here to talk to you guys and want to take some photos. Then he introduced me to the manger (who is also the owner). Later in the discussion the owner told me that it's a well-planned strategy. One person's job is just to welcome people, make them feel comfortable by talking at their knowledge level and then taking them to the specific part of the shop according to their interest. I was absolutely amazed at their customer reception skills.
This store started in 1987 when the owner's house couldn't hold any more tanks. She herself is a great hobbyist. She told me that I sell things that I like to use with my tanks. Before stocking any equipment or food, she tries it herself first and then decide if they'd like to sell it or not!

I usually carry some newspaper, a micro fiber cloth and a small spray bottle filled with 1:10 mixture of vinegar and water to clean the tanks before taking pictures. I had to use it in every store that I have been to but in this one. In this LFS, all the tanks were already so clean. In all the other stores I would stand in a corner as a customer would walk into the aisle because there is just not enough space. In this LFS, I could keep shooting unless someone wanted to see the tank I was photographing. Aisles are at least three to four feet wide.

They were more than happy to let me take photos in their store. Here are some photos that came out well. I am not very good with the names of saltwater fishes so please chime in if you know names of the fishes.

A very interesting piece of aquarium decor:

It''s the ony store in Denver that desn't keep TFH but Amazonas and Coral.

Let me know which photos you liked the most!
I have added some photos to the free wallpaper section on my website. Please check them out here: http://www.playsofrays.com/-/galleries/free-downloads

-Sumer.
Don't only practice your art, but force your way into it's secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine.
My aquarium photography: Plays Of Rays
saikumar
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Re: LFS of Denver: Neptune's Tropical Fish

Unread post by saikumar »

just awe dude!

This one is what I liked most
http://medias.photodeck.com/f467a38a-b7 ... xlarge.jpg
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Awesome photographs!

A very good store for saltwater lovers.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
pinaki_pal
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by pinaki_pal »

Wow what a shop :) :)
hrishi007
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by hrishi007 »

A heaven for fish lovers..:)
jack

Unread post by jack »

wow thats a good hammer dominated tank.... treat to eyes to see this tank in live...
Finally i am Broke but Happy :D
vijendra_s123

Unread post by vijendra_s123 »

The lfs is awesome indeed but for me the pics stole the show.

I like the pic of Lactoria cornuta (longhorn cowfish) the most....:)
Abhishek
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Abhishek »

Lovely Sumer :)

Hope that in India also the quality of LFS improves...

Are you planning to jump on the salty side ;)
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

a feast for the eyes. After the boxy beauty of the cowfish, I was entranced by the fish I have forgotten the name of. It has a peaked nose and the body shape that reminds one of a dolphin, orangish pink body, and yellowish fins... right after that Tang (is it) I think. isn't it that species where the fish changes gender as it grows up or when it feels it is favourable to do so? Anthea?