Pseudosphromenus Cupanus- The Indian Spiketail Paradise fish

Forum for discuss freshwater/Brackish fishes.
hamza
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: Pseudosphromenus Cupanus- The Indian Spiketail Paradise

Unread post by hamza »

A rare fish in hobby. I was after these/p.dayis, then I got the wild bettas. I'll definitely keep them in near future..

Males get quite beautiful by age. I think you will need a larger tank, I hope the other tank you have set up is large enough.
If you can, try culturing some mosquito larvae. Its highly nutritious and has magical effect on small carnivore fish, their natural diet too.
KarthikC

Unread post by KarthikC »

hamza wrote:A rare fish in hobby. I was after these/p.dayis, then I got the wild bettas. I'll definitely keep them in near future..

Males get quite beautiful by age. I think you will need a larger tank, I hope the other tank you have set up is large enough.
If you can, try culturing some mosquito larvae. Its highly nutritious and has magical effect on small carnivore fish, their natural diet too.
Yes it's pretty rare. I would eventually settle with a pair and move them to a larger, outdoor tub which will be fully planted. Hope they'll colour up, I've started fruit fly culture.

Cheers,

Karthik

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
vijendra_s123
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by vijendra_s123 »

Looks amazing, its in my wish list too...:)
VishaalDalal

Unread post by VishaalDalal »

Lovely
KarthikC

vijendra_s123 wrote:Looks amazing, its in my wish list too...:)
Thanks.. Seems to be a common fish in South.. You can catch hold of someone who can ship you these.
VishaalDalal wrote:Lovely
Thanks!

Cheers,

Karthik
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

the third pic on the first page, if the glass was cleaned or retouched, i'd vote for it as pic of the month! :D What a lovely creature...such an elegant shade of green-brown... rather like a betta but still a refreshingly different shape. Wild fish have such quality in shape, no effects of inbreeding, surivial of the fittest brings out amazing elegance. :P :P
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

KarthikC wrote:
hamza wrote:A rare fish in hobby. I was after these/p.dayis, then I got the wild bettas. I'll definitely keep them in near future..

Yes it's pretty rare. I would eventually settle with a pair and move them to a larger, outdoor tub which will be fully planted. Hope they'll colour up, I've started fruit fly culture.

Cheers,

Karthik

He is so right karthik. Mosquito larvae are really underestimated. i get raids from the Dengue people in my area, otherwise, water of the aquarium left outside in a cool shady spot always gets great nutrition for fish on a weekly basis. the fish just explode with health with it.
KarthikC

Romi wrote:
KarthikC wrote:

Cheers,

Karthik

He is so right karthik. Mosquito larvae are really underestimated. i get raids from the Dengue people in my area, otherwise, water of the aquarium left outside in a cool shady spot always gets great nutrition for fish on a weekly basis. the fish just explode with health with it.
Yes Romiji. In fact the outdoor tubs of mine don't get regular food at all. All the betta, guppies are mosquito larva hunters. :D

Cheers,

Karthik