Lyretail Killifish

Forum for discuss freshwater/Brackish fishes.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lyretail Killifish

Post by SCORPIO »

Even I am also planning to move Killis. They are cute, beautiful fast and moves like as a torpido. I don't like only their 'Jumping' characteristic. My Red killies jumped many times from the tank. But fortunately I have lost only three killis in last one year.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
Ashok
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Post by Ashok »

SCORPIO wrote:Even I am also planning to move Killis. They are cute, beautiful fast and moves like as a torpido.
No doubts regarding there beauty.
SCORPIO wrote: I don't like only their 'Jumping' characteristic. My Red killies jumped many times from the tank. But fortunately I have lost only three killis in last one year.
not fortunately but some time we do negligency towards them, please don't mind but this is the fact ,we hobbyist should check our falt as and when we lost our species and aware others that not to do like that. I felt very bad when a guy told me that he lost all the killis which he got from Jaunico as they jumped over his tank.

BTW what is the name of those red killis?

Ashok
Ashok
apuda2010
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Post by apuda2010 »

As a rule, one has to be very careful of killies for the first 48 hours. The tank MUST be covered.

They settle down very peacefully after the first 2 days. If any hobbyist is finding it difficult to care for this species, I will be more than happy to look after them.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SCORPIO »

apuda2010 wrote:As a rule, one has to be very careful of killies for the first 48 hours. The tank MUST be covered.

They settle down very peacefully after the first 2 days. If any hobbyist is finding it difficult to care for this species, I will be more than happy to look after them.
They are with me from one year they don't forget jumping.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

VishaalDalal
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Post by VishaalDalal »

apuda2010 wrote:As a rule, one has to be very careful of killies for the first 48 hours. The tank MUST be covered.

same here I would love to get in line for the same
bobvin
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Post by bobvin »

always try cover killi fish tank.
devchitra

Post by devchitra »

very beautiful fish.
vijendra_s123

Post by vijendra_s123 »

A pic from my side as well
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SCORPIO »

Very Nice.

Hobbylover
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Post by Hobbylover »

how can I source this in Mumbai? big shops like Nautilus & wholesale market doesn't have this