Dosage of Glutaraldehyde in Aquarium.

Post your quires on Carbon Dioxide and alternative products.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dosage of Glutaraldehyde in Aquarium.

Unread post by SCORPIO »

It is a source of carbon so we are using it in planted tank. BTW CO2 is also harmful for human and all other animals in high amount. Glut is harmful only high concentrations.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
vijendra_s123
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by vijendra_s123 »

Well CO2 is diffused through a pressurised system in a controlled manner which eliminates the risk for humans and fishes.

Glut as you have mentioned is harmful ONLY in high concentrations that I agree, but the method of handiling the chemical itself is quite risky as it is a toxic compound.
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

glut in high concentration is used as a sterilizer in laboratories. but as far as handling is concerned i guess we all are intelligent enough to follow few of the basic instructions like wearing gloves and handling the chemical in open space, etc.
Sushant
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

sushant wrote:glut in high concentration is used as a sterilizer in laboratories. but as far as handling is concerned i guess we all are intelligent enough to follow few of the basic instructions like wearing gloves and handling the chemical in open space, etc.
It is also used in medium-high concentration to get rid of snails and in high concentration to wipe out all the live organisms of the aquarium.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

@vijendra

try it, but use a 10 ml syringe to dose it and store it. rajiv has got good results i know, see his tank. lovely. my fiasco was my fault :x
vikram
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by vikram »

Carbon in the planted aquarium: Gas vs. liquid
http://goo.gl/Q3OVo
--
Vikram
marsaiko

Unread post by marsaiko »

Romi wrote:made a mistake yesterday, dosed glute with bottle cap. My densely planted tank absorbed it, but the second tank with few plants saw horrible fish deaths....:( i feel like a criminal before God. How could i do that??? I wish i could turn the clock back.. Tiger barbs, neon tetras, neon gourami, all dead.
Hi Romi,

Normally when there is high CO2 due to pressurised setup, I areate water and also change 50% water and fish dont dir.

Did you try to save your fish by doing water change? or is it so powerful that fish die instantly?
nut cases ratt
brainless growl
rest you dont understand, and thats where you read/think TWICE before you post!!
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

marsaiko wrote:
Romi wrote:made a mistake yesterday, dosed glute with bottle cap. My densely planted tank absorbed it, but the second tank with few plants saw horrible fish deaths....:( i feel like a criminal before God. How could i do that??? I wish i could turn the clock back.. Tiger barbs, neon tetras, neon gourami, all dead.
Hi Romi,

Normally when there is high CO2 due to pressurised setup, I areate water and also change 50% water and fish dont dir.

Did you try to save your fish by doing water change? or is it so powerful that fish die instantly?
Upto 9-10 ppm there will be no death will be occur in the aquarium. I think you have mix more than 12 ppm.

marsaiko

Unread post by marsaiko »

ok, so here is one point of benefit of Pressurized over Glut as you say.

In pressurized the 35-40ppm of CO2 build up very slowly and a person has reaction time to save livestock.
But
In glut one doesnt have time to react.

Is that right?
nut cases ratt
brainless growl
rest you dont understand, and thats where you read/think TWICE before you post!!
Matrix
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Matrix »

Will be trying Glut for the first time on my nano tank tomorrow. Rajiv ji do we have does it daily?
---
Amol