DIY Ferts

Forum for discussion on substrate and fertilizers used in aquariums
ishaan
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

DIY Ferts

Unread post by ishaan »

hi guys, i have got some dry ferts to make stock solution for dosing in my tanks.
here are the ferts that i got
KNO3 40 Gm
KH2PO4 10 Gm
K2SO4 20 Gm
MgSO4 20 Gm
CSM+B 15 Gm
Chelated Iron (EDTA) 15 Gm

and i have dissolved KNO3, KH2PO4, K2SO4, CSM+B in separate bottles 500ml each.

Now my questions are:
1). In how much water should i dissolve Chelated Iron (EDTA) and MgSO4.
2). How much to dose everyday and when to dose them?

Tank dimensions are 2*1.5*1.5 ft for more information please see the tank journal http://www.aquapetz.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=1171

Thanks
A collection of mistakes is called experience and experience is the key to success.
Ishaan Pathania
+919041208868
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: DIY Ferts

Unread post by SCORPIO »

ishaan wrote: In how much water should i dissolve Chelated Iron (EDTA)
Ans: Add 15 g chelated Iron in 235ml of water to make a solution.
ishaan wrote:How much to dose everyday and when to dose them?
Ans: Your tank water capacity is around 121litre. Add 1 ml of this solution in 40 liter of water in alternate days. If there is some shrimps, use it with caution. Calculate actual volume of water in tank start dosing.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
ishaan

Unread post by ishaan »

SCORPIO wrote:
ishaan wrote: In how much water should i dissolve Chelated Iron (EDTA)
Ans: Add 15 g chelated Iron in 235ml of water to make a solution.
ishaan wrote:How much to dose everyday and when to dose them?
Ans: Your tank water capacity is around 121litre. Add 1 ml of this solution in 40 liter of water in alternate days. If there is some shrimps, use it with caution. Calculate actual volume of water in tank start dosing.
Volume is 127.6 L so it will be 3ml dosing. Thanks sir and what about MgSO4
A collection of mistakes is called experience and experience is the key to success.
Ishaan Pathania
+919041208868
Arjun Tandon
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Arjun Tandon »

hey, where did you get those chemicals??
how much did you pay for them??
ishaan

Unread post by ishaan »

Arjun Tandon wrote:hey, where did you get those chemicals??
how much did you pay for them??
i got these from an iah member who sells dry ferts, actually they are locally available too but i can't afford the full packing available in the market
Ishaan Pathania
+919041208868
apuda2010
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by apuda2010 »

Ishaan....is there any reason why you are adding both potassium as well as magnesium sulphate ? Is your water very soft ?

Also...be careful of the phosphate. Tap water already contains dissolved phosphates and adding extra helps algae blooms.
ishaan

Unread post by ishaan »

apuda2010 wrote:Ishaan....is there any reason why you are adding both potassium as well as magnesium sulphate ? Is your water very soft ?

Also...be careful of the phosphate. Tap water already contains dissolved phosphates and adding extra helps algae blooms.
i seriously don't know why i am adding both of them :p, but till now the plants were growing properly without any type of algae in the tank. And this is the first time that my tank doesn't have any type of algae :)
Ishaan Pathania
+919041208868
Abhi

Unread post by Abhi »

ishaan wrote:
apuda2010 wrote:Ishaan....is there any reason why you are adding both potassium as well as magnesium sulphate ? Is your water very soft ?

i seriously don't know why i am adding both of them :p, but till now the plants were growing properly without any type of algae in the tank. And this is the first time that my tank doesn't have any type of algae :)
No algae is due to the huge amount of plants which are absorbing the nutrients not letting the algae take a foot hold.
MTS: Multiple tank syndrome !
ishaan

Unread post by ishaan »

Abhi wrote:
ishaan wrote:

No algae is due to the huge amount of plants which are absorbing the nutrients not letting the algae take a foot hold.
not now 2 varieties melted because i was not able to convert them from emersed form and 4 varieties were given away
Ishaan Pathania
+919041208868