The Road Less Travelled :):)

Post your tank progress here from day 1.
jack

Re: The Road Less Travelled :):)

Unread post by jack »

ishaan wrote:
jack wrote:
mats wrote:Hi
Have u tried using aluminum mesh?
Regards
I searched a lot for aluminum mesh but not available......:(
If i am not wrong aluminum will also temp with water condition ,so avoid any metal

okieeee bro, ll go for plastic mess then for the rest of the tank's scape....
Finally i am Broke but Happy :D
sreeram
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by sreeram »

wooooo i need to learn soo much

scapes are tooooo good
jack

Unread post by jack »

Thanks bro, but need to scrape it down because of the algae issues .... Ll try this scape next year
parthapratim22

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

Jack, would suggest you to fight with algae until your plants grow fully, because you will have algae in all the upcoming tanks that you will make, but its not practical for anybody to rescape again and again because of algae...I am learning in my all tanks, and now in case of few algae, I am quite confidant that I can beat them in any battle :lol: ...we have expert members here, show us your present status and people will help you out...
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60
jack

Unread post by jack »

parthapratim22 wrote:Jack, would suggest you to fight with algae until your plants grow fully, because you will have algae in all the upcoming tanks that you will make, but its not practical for anybody to rescape again and again because of algae...I am learning in my all tanks, and now in case of few algae, I am quite confidant that I can beat them in any battle :lol: ...we have expert members here, show us your present status and people will help you out...

hey partha, that was motivating and thanks for the offered help.....

the problem i had was not at all solving

i had all the stones, glass walls, few plants that i had and the bed covered with all sorts of algae in the period of just few days...

the measures i took was

1)complete black out - result was -- no algae reduced
2)reduced the lights and also tried tank without lights for a week - result was -- no algae control still continued
3)used 2 big bottles of API algae fix and a bottle of API Advance algae cleaner in time span of 9 days - result was -- algae was growing like weed in my tank
4) did water change more than 60% everyday and scraped all the algae that i can but the next day it was the same

soo after much of expense did on that scape finally i thought to rescape the tank and keep this idea for next year. i was pissed of with that algae problem and was not figuring out what the reason was... tried many things and finally changed everything

soo removed
marsaiko
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by marsaiko »

jack wrote:1)complete black out - result was -- no algae reduced
2)reduced the lights and also tried tank without lights for a week - result was -- no algae control still continued
3)used 2 big bottles of API algae fix and a bottle of API Advance algae cleaner in time span of 9 days - result was -- algae was growing like weed in my tank
4) did water change more than 60% everyday and scraped all the algae that i can but the next day it was the same
soo removed
:cry: and you never told the forum about this?

Am sure somany others would feel bad as well, so many suggestions came in with so much anticipation.
Wish you had shared more and dealt with a bit more systematically, with pics ofcourse.

So this tank is removed now?
nut cases ratt
brainless growl
rest you dont understand, and thats where you read/think TWICE before you post!!
jack

Unread post by jack »

marsaiko wrote:
jack wrote:1)complete black out - result was -- no algae reduced
soo removed
:cry: and you never told the forum about this?

Am sure somany others would feel bad as well, so many suggestions came in with so much anticipation.
Wish you had shared more and dealt with a bit more systematically, with pics ofcourse.

So this tank is removed now?
@ marsaiko bro, sorry i accept my mistake.

to be very true i had dreamed big about this tank and to my vain i had failed after a bit of efforts. And secondly i was extremely busy in my work so didnt have time to update the forum and was not active in forum.

i know you guys have helped me if i would have posted the pic but i was extremely pissed of and looking at the tank i think it was a junk/trash soo i rescaped it. i never thought that this tank will turn out this bizzare.

my mistake accepted. :(
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

@jack

buddy, try glutaraldehyde. it works. but u must ensure u dose it with a big syringe and take the other precautions. it will not only kill the algae, in stages, but also give ur plants a carbon boost.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Jaivel, post here a photograph of algae.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
parthapratim22

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

Nothing to say much, but its nice that you have tried so much, but always try to identify the algae in very initial stage and start treatment otherwise it will create uncontrollable mess.
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60