Down with Betta viral fever (update on pg 2)

Forum for discuss about Betta fish.
pkattitude
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: Down with Betta viral fever (update on pg 2)

Unread post by pkattitude »

Hi Romi - thanks for the suggestions.

My betta are eating tetra bits and blood worms but i am a bit against live food. Primarily because once they shift to live food, they stop taking dry food and it becomes difficult to manage them when I am not around (everyone else in my family is a vegetarian :D, so you will understand). keeping a tub is out of question - my family would either kill me or banish me (I already have 6 medium-small-very small aquariums + the risk of dengue ). What are the other options - any betta specific dry food that you will recommend and that I can get easily in NCR?

Their water is pretty tanned right now - in fact so much that you cannot spot the fish easily without a light. But I will try to get some almond leaf.

About the sand - I got similar comment from other members as well but I think its not crushed marble for sure.Even its texture is not that of marble + plus its grains are very translucent. When I washed it it had nothing white coming out (like you would expect with marble) - it was muddy like normal sand. Its either crushed glass of some kind or natural white sand or something inert. It feels more like glass to be honest. I tried googling but couldnt find out exactly what its is (I looks more like white silica sand) - maybe i will ask the LFS guy.
Regards,
Keshava