easy way out for ph value.

Post the details about DIY Projects.
prajjwal
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: easy way out for ph value.

Unread post by prajjwal »

Its call pH buffer solution... you can go for Hi-media products... pH buffer tablets are also available, but cost is high. Get three solution of pH 4, pH 7 and pH 9 for calibration. Each solution will cost around Rs. 100-150/- (will confirm tomorro or day after)

These buffer solutions can be prepared as well, but for that you will need a chemical lab setup and a well calibrated pH meter to make the solution perfect.

pH strips are also equally good if you can handle them properly and can match colour with the indicator strip. Handling of those strip has some rule to be followed -

1. Never touch the strips with hand
2. Use distilled water washed forceps and a pair of scissors
3. Wait for 2 sec to match the colour
4. Do not count the colour after 30 sec, as pH of water will change due to presence of CO2 in air

Their are different range of pH strips available, HiMedia and Glaxo are equally good. The pH can be measured upto 0.25 accuracy with Paper.

Regards
deepesh
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by deepesh »

Thanks for the tips prajjwal.
News from The North Indian barbecue is...
Browning outside, softening inside.
saikumar
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by saikumar »

Prajjwal ji,

How do you rate the Hanna solutions against Hi-media? Which one is more accurate? Or rather which is best in Indian market not considering price.
I am asking as I need two solutions to calibrate my DIY Meyer.

Thank you.
prajjwal
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Hi Saikumar,

Personally I have used HiMedia, Glaxo and Lab prepared buffer solutions. Never used Hanna... For calibrating, I would suggest, whatever solution you use, just check the pH of that solution with a already calibrated pH meter. Thats the only way to say if the buffer solution is correct or not. Hanna makes pH meter so I think their pH solution should equally good.

Deepesh ji.... most welcome :)

Regards
VishaalDalal

Unread post by VishaalDalal »

its great to have so many technically qualified people on the forum, specially if they dont hesitate in giving advice and sharing knowledge.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

VishaalDalal wrote:its great to have so many technically qualified people on the forum, specially if they dont hesitate in giving advice and sharing knowledge.
100% agree to you. I also respect depth knowledge of most of the members.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
prajjwal
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

VishaalDalal wrote:its great to have so many technically qualified people on the forum, specially if they dont hesitate in giving advice and sharing knowledge.

yipi

Its my profession guys.... "roji roti" (Bread and Butter) - working in Phyto-chemical industry from last 8 years

I am sure u people have more expertise in your field hands
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

prajjwal wrote:

yipi

Its my profession guys.... "roji roti" (Bread and Butter) - working in Phyto-chemical industry from last 8 years

I am sure u people have more expertise in your field hands
In India, few people have expertize in their fields... look at policemen over here! Or politicians.... You saved me money, thnks
rajesh81281
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by rajesh81281 »

I m using HM Ph meter... around 1900 rs.. and extra buffer 7 solution bottle 250rs.. calibration & measuring PH is very easy
prajjwal
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

One more concern - Keep the Buffer solution bottles in refrigerated condition (4 degree Centigrade) and bring it back to ambient temperature before calibrate!

Temperature plays major role in pH...

Regards