About LFS....

Discuss and post all things other than hobby.
parthapratim22

Re: About LFS....

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

Puneet super done...very :D very :D best of luck...

You have taken fishes from Mr Najeeb, He is in my Orkut friend list...1)You cane find how vigorously he post his fish PICs in different forums....do same...within few weeks you will be known to others...

2) Also In IAH, no need to give advertisement just start a thread of your own, post PICs of new arrivals...with all your contact details...

3) Use different social forums as an advertisement media...

4) Also analyze whether your House is easy assessable for the Fish Hobbyist, if yes then advertise your Home address also, you might not have store but people can visit your tank room for further choice.

would not tell you to jump with so many types of fishes, first just try to stabilize with the fund-flow, then go for setp-further. :)
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60
puneet
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by puneet »

right now am having flowerhorns all red dragons or zz as najeeb has these only.....size of fhs are 5-6" but here people are not ready to pay 3500 for a fish n LFS are charging 5 to 6k for the same....
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

puneet wrote:right now am having flowerhorns all red dragons or zz as najeeb has these only.....size of fhs are 5-6" but here people are not ready to pay 3500 for a fish n LFS are charging 5 to 6k for the same....
can't understand peoples fascination with Hybrids, FH are very common now a days, why don't you start something which are rather rare or the supply is very limited. for eg: rummynose tetras, rasboras(especially harlequin, micro rasboras, galaxy rasboras), killifish ,etc.
Sushant
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

@puneet

if u are not impatient and are willing to take one step at a time, it is possible to enjoy keeping fish and make a profit.

sushant has suggested killifish and shellies. do you know about these fish? to be a good hobbyist cum fish vendor, u must learn more than your rival LFS. u can be better than them. u dont have to take shop to begin. just use ur existing website.

u can breed shellies easily, killifish are also easy. but no one is interested in selling them becuase they just want to throw flowr horns at customers, for the fat margins they bring. if they dont make money, that is because doing exactly what somebody has done already is no gaurantee of success.

u can start with buying platns wholesale. every veteran planted tank lover can tell u many species they have wanted for a long time. are u prepared to take pains and find them. they will happily pay you extra. same is true for rare cichlids. you learn to breed celestial danio, people will order from jammu.
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

@sushsant

all veteran fishkeepers (over 5 years of fishkeeping) love rare fish. they learn to appreciate them for their special and unusual features. IAH gets lacs of hits. there are many of us. AGA got indians as the third largest aquarist entrants. why don't we find someone to find these fish for us, then get someone like puneet to keep them for sale/help him breed them for profit; and, then sit back and see the hobby get a much-needed boost here in NCR? why must our part of the woods be so backward ?
marama
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by marama »

hi puneet

first thing is you should develop some patience, and everything in fall in place in some time, people will take time in comparing prices and soon will come to you, and if you want to some good tetras and plants i know a person who can supply you will good quality palnts and lots of varietes too, and they are also a whole sale dealers here in chennai, will give you their contact you can try and get information from them if you want then you can order - hindustan aqua - Mr.balaji - +91 9940293053

last time they had around 50 odd diff palnts for sale, you can refere my name for too, they are very reasonable and also had lots of tetras for sale too. so you can talk to them and get what you want.

hope this will help you.

regards

manu
marsaiko
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by marsaiko »

Romi wrote:@sushsant

all veteran fishkeepers (over 5 years of fishkeeping) love rare fish. they learn to appreciate them for their special and unusual features.
Wrong, most people like good pictures, so you better showcase your stuff better, as much as you love them!!
Romi wrote: AGA got indians as the third largest aquarist entrants. why don't we find someone to find these fish for us
How is it relevent? very interesting, please elaborate the relation.
Last edited by marsaiko on Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
nut cases ratt
brainless growl
rest you dont understand, and thats where you read/think TWICE before you post!!
Abhishek
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Abhishek »

I would prefer the communication to be in line of the topic than unnecessarily bringing out other topics.

Please stick to the topic or I would hate to lock this thread!!!
parthapratim22

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

Abhishek wrote:I would prefer the communication to be in line of the topic than unnecessarily bringing out other topics.

Please stick to the topic or I would hate to lock this thread!!!
Yes please, it has bring quite good information :) .
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

marsaiko wrote:
Romi wrote:@sushsant

all veteran fishkeepers (over 5 years of fishkeeping) love rare fish. they learn to appreciate them for their special and unusual features.
Wrong, most people like good pictures, so you better showcase your stuff better, as much as you love them!!
Romi wrote: AGA got indians as the third largest aquarist entrants. why don't we find someone to find these fish for us
How is it relevent? very interesting, please elaborate the relation.

@Marsaiko.
what are you saying? That veteran hobbyists DON'T love unusual fish? Saying 'WRONG' in caps is not good courtesy.

the idea that taking good photos of fish is more important to veteran hobbyists that their love for special/unusual fish is ridiculous. Saying that 'showcasing' fish can replace love for their unusual behaviour is very cynical. There are thousands of dedicated fish lovers all over the world, you should know about them, for example, people who will spend thousands of rupees for a single pair of very drab but rare and interesting killifish. Join any online killifish club to see how much they love their fish. Everyone does not live to take photos and put them in threads for others to admire. If ambitions people like Puneet try to breed dwarf cichlids like Apistrogramma cacatoides, or trifasciata, or borelli, he can sell them for 500 ruppees a pair. Two such hobbyists are my personal friends and they adore dwarves.

Take Scorpio. he loves half-beaks. so do i. we discussed the species two years ago. then Amir found a species resembling it in the yamuna. Scorpio was delighted, he kept it in his tank. but it did not survive. he was disappointed. i told him it was a diffeent species. we discussed it for a long time in calls. Amir was also part of our discussion. next time he went to chennai, he found some in a shop! When he got babies in delhi, he told me and rajiv. now all three of us have this wonderful unusual species. we enjoyed every minute of our discussions on it before we got it. after getting it through mutual help, we now enjoy every minute of keeping it. Only after this website started, i think, that rajiv put their photos online. does this mean we dont love the unusual habits and looks of this species? Any novice would be tired of this fish, it is barely visible in the tank, always hanging on the surface, always jumping off, but i know i would have paid the Rs 350 for TWO fish that Kartikay in Rohini was asking for it last year. But i already knew i could get babies from Rajiv or Amir, so i didnt have to pay that. I know Amir is also very fond of them.

@Abhishek
i think we are discussing what kind of fish can allow a hobbyist seller to earn profits with patience. i think that is relevant buddy.

@Puneet

Do you want some halfbeaks? u can breed them, they have live young. i just had babies...