Solar energy in aquariums.

Post your quires regarding lighting needs in planted aquariums.
juanico
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Re: Solar energy in aquariums.

Unread post by juanico »

sorry double post
Last edited by juanico on Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
juanico

Unread post by juanico »

with that "low" electricity prizes at the moment and only for your lightning, you will not safe money.
it is more a statement towards environmental friendly power production.

you have to calculate all investment cost + maintenance against the little saving from power consumption.
in germany, where investment in solar is highly subsidised (+guaranteed feed in tarif), the usual ROI / payoff period is approx 5 years.

and your have to keep in mind: solar panels for the generation of 1000W need an area of approx 10 square meters

so, with that small consumption it is really more an statement for clean energy, but not money saving
juanico

Unread post by juanico »

if you still want to pursue your idea: here you can see some complete solar systems, available in india:

http://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?Ind ... country=IN
jack

Unread post by jack »

http://www.solartroniks.com/

this is what i have gone through before few days

IMO this will work out to be expensive
Finally i am Broke but Happy :D
discus sing
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by discus sing »

I have gone through this along back often I keep searching about this,all this can be run by invertor n invertor willl be charged through solar, if we make 400 w invertor solar that will cost near about 40000/ keep adding cost according to load.TO make it economical we can only reduce load( heaters, some light ) more over i have seen when we run filters on invertor , its life reduces spl. magnet. So far in India I think its very xpensive affair, I am very much interested in this. Hope to get it some day
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

valuable inputs are coming. I am interesting only to run lights through solar panels.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

I have been thinking solar for years, but am yet to find a single clear deal that is really worth going for. As juanico says, so far the technology does not really permit the savings people claim. I went to a shop near Jhandewlan (Rani Laxmibai statue roundel) about a year and half ago, to test if it sold products that are dependable. It sells myraid stuff like general solar panels, chargers, lights, torches etc. The torch i got works fine, but it just 2 watts, and needs 3-4 hours in the sun for a good charge. The company is called called Solar Universe. A panel that can charge a cellphone was for around Rs 550 or so. Can't remember the wattages now, but i understood that so far the technology available to laypeople is not really a replacement for the usual thing.

In the LED Expo this time, there was also a Delhi Govt Renewable Resources kiosk, that i spent 45 mins in. The Emergency Light they were offering for power cuts was around Rs 1800, and it was bulky. The subsidy was high, yet the product was not cost-effective.

I can find the solar shop's address if anybody wants me to..
apuda2010
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by apuda2010 »

Check Tata Solar Power - http://www.tatapowersolar.com/. They have setups for homes also.

The primary issue with solar power is that the initial cost currently is very high for a single family to bear.
juanico

Unread post by juanico »

apuda2010 wrote:Check Tata Solar Power - http://www.tatapowersolar.com/. They have setups for homes also.
The primary issue with solar power is that the initial cost currently is very high for a single family to bear.
and what is often neglected: maintenance has to be considered...depending on the quality after 2-5 years new batteries have to be purchased, the regulators need maintenance, panels may break, too...these cause additional cost.
AND: the panels have to be cleaned every day, especially in delhi's dust+smog loaded air...a thin layer of dust reduces the efficiency of the panels of about 20%...
bmukh
Experts
Experts

Unread post by bmukh »

juanico wrote:
apuda2010 wrote:Check Tata Solar Power - http://www.tatapowersolar.com/. They have setups for homes also.
and what is often neglected: maintenance has to be considered...depending on the quality after 2-5 years new batteries have to be purchased, the regulators need maintenance, panels may break, too...these cause additional cost.
AND: the panels have to be cleaned every day, especially in delhi's dust+smog loaded air...a thin layer of dust reduces the efficiency of the panels of about 20%...
....and the rogue monkeys that frequent our roof tops!