SUNSUN chillers

Forum for discuss about various equipments used with freshwater aquariums.
jack

SUNSUN chillers

Unread post by jack »

hey friends,

i am planning to buy a secondhand chiller. new condition it has just been used for 2-3 days and then lying in a corner.

the guy who has it, threw the box. but the chiller is of sunsun, HYH series. the model number is not mentioned on the chiller.

so my concern is

1) is there anyone who has used the sunsun chiller ?

2) how are sunsun chillers ?

3) will i have to connect the chiller to my external filter and then use it or do i have to use directly ?

please guide me

thanks in advance
Finally i am Broke but Happy :D
apuda2010
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: SUNSUN chillers

Unread post by apuda2010 »

Jack, I havent used a Sunsun chiller. However , I too am planning to buy a chiller and landed up doing some bit of research on the subject.

All chillers use a compressor. This is effectively what you pay a high price for. If the compressor conks off , you are in trouble. Or worse still , if the compressor draws uneven power , you have a fat electricity bill.

In India , folks seem to be using Hailea quite a lot. The reviews appear good. The other option is to go for Teco or Arctica. These appear to be available in Chennai.

I dont work for these companies and do not wish to promote their products. However , since this is a heavy duty purchase , I think its is better to go with something which will last.
jack

Unread post by jack »

apuda2010 wrote:Jack, I havent used a Sunsun chiller. However , I too am planning to buy a chiller and landed up doing some bit of research on the subject.

All chillers use a compressor. This is effectively what you pay a high price for. If the compressor conks off , you are in trouble. Or worse still , if the compressor draws uneven power , you have a fat electricity bill.

In India , folks seem to be using Hailea quite a lot. The reviews appear good. The other option is to go for Teco or Arctica. These appear to be available in Chennai.

I dont work for these companies and do not wish to promote their products. However , since this is a heavy duty purchase , I think its is better to go with something which will last.

hi apuda2010,

i bought second hand sunsun chiller, i have not started it yet as the atmosphere is pretty chilly.
apuda2010
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by apuda2010 »

Ok...do share your experiences once you start using it.
jack

Unread post by jack »

apuda2010 wrote:Ok...do share your experiences once you start using it.

Sure bro.......:)