DIY hood

Post the details about DIY Projects.
sushant

Re: DIY hood

Unread post by sushant »

ishaan use 4 x3W LED heatsink instead.

one suggestion: the transparent hood will make viewing difficult so cover the hood from inside.
Sushant
ishaan
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by ishaan »

nishant wrote:nice effort :D but what adapter are you using for these led's :?: :?:
i am using 12V and 2A adapter for these leds
A collection of mistakes is called experience and experience is the key to success.
Ishaan Pathania
+919041208868
ishaan

Unread post by ishaan »

sushant wrote:ishaan use 4 x3W LED heatsink instead.

one suggestion: the transparent hood will make viewing difficult so cover the hood from inside.
covering is not a big issue but don't you think that 4 x3W leds will be too much for such small tank :?: :?
A collection of mistakes is called experience and experience is the key to success.
Ishaan Pathania
+919041208868
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

ishaan wrote:
sushant wrote:ishaan use 4 x3W LED heatsink instead.

covering is not a big issue but don't you think that 4 x3W leds will be too much for such small tank :?: :?
it will insure that every part of the tank is well lit, presuming that you are planning to go for some high light demanding plants like mote of the foreground plant.
Sushant
ishaan

Unread post by ishaan »

sushant wrote: it will insure that every part of the tank is well lit, presuming that you are planning to go for some high light demanding plants like mote of the foreground plant.
currently i am using 20 watt cfl for the tank as i don't have time to go to market to purchase the leds :geek:
Ishaan Pathania
+919041208868
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

ishaan wrote:
sushant wrote: it will insure that every part of the tank is well lit, presuming that you are planning to go for some high light demanding plants like mote of the foreground plant.
currently i am using 20 watt cfl for the tank as i don't have time to go to market to purchase the leds :geek:
20 W for that tank looks good enough for me.
Sushant
ishaan

Unread post by ishaan »

sushant wrote:
ishaan wrote:
20 W for that tank looks good enough for me.
can i reduce the watt or should continue with it
Ishaan Pathania
+919041208868
syed.ali
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by syed.ali »

this is looking great, i dont know how i missed it.

Good effort and excellent result, i think the lighting might be lil less. May be you can throw in a cfl also along with the led, i am using both i found that the combined result is very good in terms of penetration and spread of light
ishaan

Unread post by ishaan »

thanks sir , now i don't need any cfl . i have kept a pair of jewels in that tank so the light is enough for them
Ishaan Pathania
+919041208868