Non Fishy- Assistance Required

Discuss and Post about pets other than aquatic.
Abhishek
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Non Fishy- Assistance Required

Unread post by Abhishek »

Hi Guys,

Planning to keep some Budgerigar..
So if any one of you have kept this or have knowledge about keeping them, can you please share it?

They were on the agenda for a long time and guess now got approval from parents to keep it :P
rahul_sood
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: Non Fishy- Assistance Required

Unread post by rahul_sood »

budgies are hardy.. u want to breed them?? then pick 2-3 pairs they encourage other pairs to breed.. they breed in colony, pair.. breed them and tame their babies..minimum cage size u require would be 30*18*18 for pair...keep preach there and matki(nest box) they will lay eggs there..
male has blue nosetril female has brown..
Abhishek

Unread post by Abhishek »

rahul_sood wrote:budgies are hardy.. u want to breed them?? then pick 2-3 pairs they encourage other pairs to breed.. they breed in colony, pair.. breed them and tame their babies..minimum cage size u require would be 30*18*18 for pair...keep preach there and matki(nest box) they will lay eggs there..
male has blue nosetril female has brown..
Hey Rahul, thanks for the quick response, well keeping them is 1st on the agenda, breeding will be 2nd :)
I might start with 2 pairs depending on the availability and color. So for 2 pairs the ideal cage size should be around 30*18*18?

And what about foods, temperature and medicines?
maaz
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by maaz »

well 30*18*18 will be sufficiant for 2 pairs.. for this u have keep Small normal Indian soil water POT (Makta ) with a hole in front..and tie that in a corner how many pairs your are keeping that much POT you have keep..once pair is set that will be there home..you have too keep Husk normal wood MOSS..put one large mouth Pot with lots of food in that and one one large mouth Pot with water..
Regards,

Maaz Ahmad
maazahmad84@gmail.com
rahul_sood
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Hey Rahul, thanks for the quick response, well keeping them is 1st on the agenda, breeding will be 2nd :)
I might start with 2 pairs depending on the availability and color. So for 2 pairs the ideal cage size should be around 30*18*18?

And what about foods, temperature and medicines?
common colour- green blue lutino
availability- always available as its a beginner birds 300 for pair
breeding- they breeds like rabbit just bring them
cage- 30*18*18 is for one pair if u want to keep them happy, otherwise some ppl keep a pair in 24*18*18.. for 2 pairs go for 42*24*18.. as will have their babies also..
food- bajra daily, soft food(eggs+breed) twice a week, fruits veggies some times
temp- hardy can be kept in any temp
medicine- not required just buy good birds... i know medicine for deworming, breeding that i will tell u when u will bring..otherwise medicne not required i never use on them i only use medicine on my pigeons
rahul_sood
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

some other basic set up requirment..
dont keep then feed where u keep their preach..because they will poop in that feed... keep their feed away from the preach
preach should me 2 inch below the matki hole (enterence)... hang that matki or nest box 4-5 inch below the height of the cage...
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

i guess Aakshay would be the one of best person to be asked on the Birds related queries(in case he has joined the forum yet).
Sushant
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

sushant wrote:i guess Aakshay would be the one of best person to be asked on the Birds related queries(in case he has joined the forum yet).
Akshay is not here.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
jack

Unread post by jack »

budgies are very easy to keep and breed and very hardy birds...... as friends said they are very easy to breed and are breed just like rabbits.

a suggestion, get a biggest cage possible for you to get, which fits your budget.

if you are looking for some really good quality show budgies, do let me know. I have a friend who is a bird bug and have kept more than thousands of bird and breeds them. really a good person to talk with. I will ask him out if you want. :)
Finally i am Broke but Happy :D
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Guys, we have a forum "Other Pets" in Miscellaneous forum section. So please discuss there for another pets.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda