One thing about microworms

Forum for discuss on fish/Invertebrates food.
deepesh
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

One thing about microworms

Unread post by deepesh »

Is that you need slightly deeper containers to culture microworms. If you containers are too shallow the worms crawl up to the top and get squished to death each time you close the lid.

That's OK but on the other hand if the lid remains a bit open they crawl out and dry to death in masses. After some hours the mass begins to resemble semian/ semian ( aka vermicelli... How very appropriate ). Having discovered that I am back to eating sevian after a 5 day break. Hope I don't put you guys off your sevian.

Deepesh
News from The North Indian barbecue is...
Browning outside, softening inside.
VishaalDalal
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Re: One thing about microworms

Unread post by VishaalDalal »

deepesh wrote:Is that you need slightly deeper containers to culture microworms. If you containers are too shallow the worms crawl up to the top and get squished to death each time you close the lid.

That's OK but on the other hand if the lid remains a bit open they crawl out and dry to death in masses. After some hours the mass begins to resemble semian/ semian ( aka vermicelli... How very appropriate ). Having discovered that I am back to eating sevian after a 5 day break. Hope I don't put you guys off your sevian.

Deepesh
Yup u are right I have found the best containers to be the band aid boxes found these at some chemists.