Self Introduction.

Please announce about yourself here. This forum is for only new members of Aquapetz!
Abhishek
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: Self Introduction.

Unread post by Abhishek »

Hey All,

This is Abhisek, from Durgapur now in Bangalore.
Been in this hobby from last 15 years. Started this hobby by blackmailing parents and started with killing mollies, guppies and sword tails. Later on found out stability in goldfishes. :D

Then later on kept Angels in semi planted tanks for close to 4-5 years before moving into the fighting zone - yes the aggressive cichlids ;) Kept oscars, severums, tangs etc.

Now in bangalore been completely bugged by inverts and keeping CRS, CBS and now shifted to sulawesi..

Would love to share time with all wonderful people here :)
sandeepsinha
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by sandeepsinha »

Hi
I am Sandeep Sinha from Delhi.
I love fishes from my childhood, managed to get into hobby just a year before.
I started with 7 gallons tank, than shifted to 28 gallons and now I own 55 gallons planted tank.

Hope to make it better in coming time.
I would love to thanks Rajiv, Sushant, Himanshu, Joyce, Syed who guided me with their valuable suggestions to make this tank. :)
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

reposted after completion 8-)
Last edited by Romi on Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eemakoochi
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by eemakoochi »

Hi All..

I am Balaji from Coimbatore, Tamilnadu..

I am into this hobby from my school times, and now am an Quality Analyst in a reputed MNC..

Severum is my favorite and i do have four of them..

Cheers !!!
Balaji Rajagopal
maaz
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by maaz »

Hello too All fellow hobbist,

I am Maaz Ahmad, from Bhopal, MP.
Been in this hobby from last 3-4 years. Started this hobby with goldfish now i love cichlids from last 1 year i am in planted tank also

Here in Bhopal every kind of fishes are available but no plants available here..no one intrested in planted tanks. Its very hard to get plants here I always place order for plants to different city..

Would love to share my all experiences with all wonderful people here. share yours too..
Regards,

Maaz Ahmad
maazahmad84@gmail.com
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

maaz wrote:Hello too All fellow hobbist,

I am Maaz Ahmad, from Bhopal, MP.
Been in this hobby from last 3-4 years. Started this hobby with goldfish now i love cichlids from last 1 year i am in planted tank also

Here in Bhopal every kind of fishes are available but no plants available here..no one intrested in planted tanks. Its very hard to get plants here I always place order for plants to different city..

Would love to share my all experiences with all wonderful people here. share yours too..
If you ever visit to Delhi, inform us, we will try to spare some plants for.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
maaz

Unread post by maaz »

Ok i will informe you..thanks..
Regards,

Maaz Ahmad
maazahmad84@gmail.com
savilagoon
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by savilagoon »

hi everyone my name is shashank koul and a software developer in gurgaon for 1 year now.i belong to kashmir and hobby started 10 years ago in the pattern
goldfish- oscar-discus-marinefish- reeftank
rahul_sood
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by rahul_sood »

I am rahul, i am from jalandhar (punjab). I joined IAH last year on december from there i collected so my knowledge but i never post there.
oct 2010 i purchased a bowl and put a pair of small carps there. within 10days i lost both..then after a month i again purchased pair of fantail goldies and undergravel filter again 15 days both died because of ich. and bowl was broken during waterchanges. then in december i got a betta fish and kept that in small tub lol. and ondec31 i purchased pleco. both were in tub. one day by mistake i switchoff my heater so lost betta but pleco is with me now i gifted that to my uncle recently. on feb i got pair of mollies thankfully that was pregnant molly who gave birth to aoung 60 cute babies. and died and the male was the hungary father he jumped out of the tub to eat fries and died then for 2 months i only raised babies.
yhen i june my uncle gave me 2 aquariums to check for water leakage and both were leaking so i to repair one of it, but not got sucess so i take off all the silicone and made it by myself. again no success then i used mseal and spoiled the look of aquarium thankfully now that aquarium is working. there i kept mollyfries but on aug i purchased the pair of jewels and RES turtle, then i again shifted the mollies into the tub and res in another tub jewels were in tank that was breeding pair and within a weak they breeded. they raised their babies for 10 days and one day they ate all. they always lay eggs and eat them. one day male killed female. then i give jewel male to my friend and brought goldies in the tank.
now i have 3 tanks and one tub. one is 40 gallons for goldies i have there 1black moor 1red cap 2fantail 1oranda 1pearlscale 1calico.now searching for loinhead ranchu rykin and other breeds. other tank is 12gallon with mollies guppies swordtail, one 5 gallon tank with native fish looks like zebra danio i am not sure though. res turtle in a tub.
other then fishes i have pigeons highflyer and fancies. guinea pigs, one dog st benard
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

rahul_sood wrote:I am rahul, i am from jalandhar (punjab). I joined IAH last year on december from there i collected so my knowledge but i never post there.
oct 2010 i purchased a bowl and put a pair of small carps there. within 10days i lost both..then after a month i again purchased pair of fantail goldies and undergravel filter again 15 days both died because of ich. and bowl was broken during waterchanges. then in december i got a betta fish and kept that in small tub lol. and ondec31 i purchased pleco. both were in tub. one day by mistake i switchoff my heater so lost betta but pleco is with me now i gifted that to my uncle recently. on feb i got pair of mollies thankfully that was pregnant molly who gave birth to aoung 60 cute babies. and died and the male was the hungary father he jumped out of the tub to eat fries and died then for 2 months i only raised babies.
yhen i june my uncle gave me 2 aquariums to check for water leakage and both were leaking so i to repair one of it, but not got sucess so i take off all the silicone and made it by myself. again no success then i used mseal and spoiled the look of aquarium thankfully now that aquarium is working. there i kept mollyfries but on aug i purchased the pair of jewels and RES turtle, then i again shifted the mollies into the tub and res in another tub jewels were in tank that was breeding pair and within a weak they breeded. they raised their babies for 10 days and one day they ate all. they always lay eggs and eat them. one day male killed female. then i give jewel male to my friend and brought goldies in the tank.
now i have 3 tanks and one tub. one is 40 gallons for goldies i have there 1black moor 1red cap 2fantail 1oranda 1pearlscale 1calico.now searching for loinhead ranchu rykin and other breeds. other tank is 12gallon with mollies guppies swordtail, one 5 gallon tank with native fish looks like zebra danio i am not sure though. res turtle in a tub.
other then fishes i have pigeons highflyer and fancies. guinea pigs, one dog st benard
hi Rahul, this was a very long story but i'm sorry to say that it was not that interesting because of many failed attempts.

i understand that one year in the hobby is not long enough to understand this hobby even if you have been with one of the most reputed aquarium forums of the country., but in my opinion you could have better utilized that one year being active on the forum and not just a mute observer. None of us are perfect or pro but the more we involve in the discussion the better we get with time. hope you'll not take this comment otherwise and will help us in making the very existence of this forum (i.e upliftment of this hobby)a success.
Sushant