Bumble bee goby food

Forum for discuss on fish/Invertebrates food.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Bumble bee goby food

Unread post by SCORPIO »

hamza wrote:Do they really eat seed shrimps? I'll get them soon...I have a big problem with seed shrimps, they're everywhere in my tank.
You don't believe, tetra bits is a food source only for seed shrimps. I am also offering them Dennerle shrimp food. Dario-dario and bumble bee are in same tank and round the day they are in attacking position on seed shrimps.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
hamza
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by hamza »

SCORPIO wrote:
hamza wrote:Do they really eat seed shrimps? I'll get them soon...I have a big problem with seed shrimps, they're everywhere in my tank.
You don't believe, tetra bits is a food source only for seed shrimps. I am also offering them Dennerle shrimp food. Dario-dario and bumble bee are in same tank and round the day they are in attacking position on seed shrimps.
Seed shrimp, you're talking about ostracoda right? Because, thats what I am talking about...

I am surprised coz you're feeding them, I dont even feed ones in my tank and they're mulitplying like crazy..
shergill00
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by shergill00 »

hamza wrote:
SCORPIO wrote:
shergill00 wrote:Rajeev, since you are keeping them on dried food, was expecting your view on it.

I am keeping these since a long but still they are not interested in tetra bits. They like to attack on seed shrimps and RCS.
Do they really eat seed shrimps? I'll get them soon...I have a big problem with seed shrimps, they're everywhere in my tank.

BTW long back I had them along with so many other fishes in same tank. At first I fed them tubifex, they took it greedily. Later seeing other fish eat hikari micro pellets, they soon realized MPs are food source as well and they thrived on it..
@ Hamza which other fishes you were keeping apart from dario dario in the same tank?
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

hamza wrote:ostracoda
Yes they are ostracoda. These shrimps, bumble bee and dario-dario all are in same tank with lots hiding places.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
shergill00
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

This is from the lot of native received recently. What do i feed them to show their bright yellow colors. They are nice fellas, not very active though, keep sticking to one place.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

Did you try the foods you were already advised, shergill? I think they look like they will like microworms too, and microworms are the easiest live food ever.
deepesh
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by deepesh »

They might be trying to blend in with the substrate!

Try feeding like Vishaal feeds his Badis, although I would suggest a pipette instead of forceps.
News from The North Indian barbecue is...
Browning outside, softening inside.
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

shergill00 wrote:This is from the lot of native received recently. What do i feed them to show their bright yellow colors. They are nice fellas, not very active though, keep sticking to one place.
They just love romifex. and go crazy over it.

Sent from my PadFone using Tapatalk 2
Sushant
VishaalDalal
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by VishaalDalal »

sushant wrote:
shergill00 wrote:This is from the lot of native received recently. What do i feed them to show their bright yellow colors. They are nice fellas, not very active though, keep sticking to one place.
They just love romifex. and go crazy over it.

Sent from my PadFone using Tapatalk 2

Thanks to Romi for this discovery each and every fish that i have kept love these little wriglers.
shergill00
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Romi wrote:Did you try the foods you were already advised, shergill? I think they look like they will like microworms too, and microworms are the easiest live food ever.
Romi/Sushant i have started the culture, been 2 weeks now, took from Deepesh. On Monday i saw few small clumps of romifex and next day they disappeared. but could see few swimming freely.

How much time does it takes for culture to set up. Right now i am feeding them on mosquitoe larvae.

Think i need to get microworm culture too from Deepesh.