Started a new FB page for my fishy photographs

Post your quires related to aquatic photography.
sumer
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Started a new FB page for my fishy photographs

Unread post by sumer »

Just started this new page called Streamlined Sparkles to showcase my fishy pictures.
Have a look and like us if you'd like to see some nice fishy pictures on your FB timeline.

Don't only practice your art, but force your way into it's secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine.
My aquarium photography: Plays Of Rays
juanico
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Re: Started a new FB page for my fishy photographs

Unread post by juanico »

sumer wrote:Just started this new page called Streamlined Sparkles to showcase my fishy pictures.
Have a look and like us if you'd like to see some nice fishy pictures on your FB timeline.

thats a very nice pic...

but seriously, i am going crazy here...whatever i do i never get a black background in my fish pics.
did you have the aquarium lights on while taking this pic?
jibran_shariff
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by jibran_shariff »

juanico wrote: thats a very nice pic...

but seriously, i am going crazy here...whatever i do i never get a black background in my fish pics.
did you have the aquarium lights on while taking this pic?
Hmm it is quite a simple concept regarding the black background

What is happening is the camera sensor is capturing only the light being reflected off the subject and no other light

This is done by
1- reducing the aperture size of the camera to lit the amount of light reaching the sensor
2 - reducing the sensitivity of the sensor so that only the most prominent light gets registered on the sensor
3 - this is a little tricky to explain, if the subject you are shooting s closest to the camera, compared to the decor and other things then the light reflected from the subject reaches the earliest to the sensor and the light reflected from the farther objects reaches later, thus the best way to capture only the light bouncing off the subject is by increasing the shutter speed

If you get the above three then you should have no problem getting the back background

But remember, the above 3 hold good only when you are using a flash or any light source that is illuminated for a fraction of a second and coupled with the camera.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Sumer, Nice to hear about your page on facebook. You can also upload every picture in this topic.

Jibran Bhai, you have explained very well but not possible for persons like as me.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
sumer
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by sumer »

"wow" explanation Jib.
I did not know the 3rd concept. But do you think that in a 12" deep tank, when I am standing a few inches away from the object, it will make any significant difference? I mean when light will come out of the source and will get reflected from 2 different objects (which can be 11" apart at max), will the light reflected from 2 diff objects reach the sensor at 2 diff times? Just saying coz light is too too fast right?
Don't only practice your art, but force your way into it's secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine.
My aquarium photography: Plays Of Rays
jibran_shariff
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by jibran_shariff »

sumer wrote:"wow" explanation Jib.
I did not know the 3rd concept. But do you think that in a 12" deep tank, when I am standing a few inches away from the object, it will make any significant difference? I mean when light will come out of the source and will get reflected from 2 different objects (which can be 11" apart at max), will the light reflected from 2 diff objects reach the sensor at 2 diff times? Just saying coz light is too too fast right?
It all depends whether the object that is behind the subject by 11" absorbs more light than what it reflects or reflects more light than what it absorbs, if its a piece of driftwood or just plain glass with no background color, it might be a dark bg in the pic but if you have a white background you will catch the background