Delhi/NCR Aquarist Meet>> October 13, 2013.

Post and discuss on various events related to hobby.
aamir
Experts
Experts

Re: Delhi/NCR Aquarist Meet>> October 13, 2013.

Unread post by aamir »

FUN intended !!!!! :roll :roll
Fb....(aamir.khan.180072@facebook.com)
New number 9560682201
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

Nice pics :)

The meeting was good fun. But I was a bit worried during the auction that the neighbours might bug Vijjy and Gauri now for throwing noisy parties :P

I agree with Scorpio that many items went excessively cheap. But there were good surprises for sellers too. Aditya never expected this Anubias to fetch what they did (and they were very healthy plants), passionate members like Sachin and Nikhil Julka, and our new member from Mumbai, and many others did fork out the cash for the beautiful driftwoods. I think one reason for the low earning for Aquapetz in the plant sale especially (despite the generous donations of our founder members, especially bigheart Bappaditya) was that for an auction to earn well for each item, a larger number of people in the audience need to be there. We have a lot of members on Aquapetz yes, but we cannot have an equal number attend an Aquapetz meeting! That would make it impossible for the hosting member to manage anyway.

Personally, I would urge members to hold an online auction thread, decide the winning bid, and then invite the purchasing member to the next meeting where he can collect this purchase. If the purchaser cannot come, he can get someone else to collect for him in the meeting or pay for having it couriered to him. In case for any reason the item is not claimed on the chosen day, the seller can take the next best offer if he wants. Something like that. ... The plants offered were rare and beautiful, but many member needed to be made aware about them, before being suddenly asked if they wanted to purchase them. And the most beautiful plants start looking really ordinary if they start drying up after being bunched together in newspaper, or exposed to air.

Despite the learning curve in the auction, it was fun, and Syed Ali was a great help during it, for me. Thanks buddy.

A sincere thanks to our host this time, Vijendra and his wonderful spouse Gauri, who allowed us into their lovely home, and indulged us today :clp :clp His killis are more beautiful than i had imagined, his Anubias tank took my breath away, and those super-active super-fast lemon yellow shrimp :D They better have babies and more babies! I have not seen a better shrimp tank in person before, small and very cosy.
vijendra_s123
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by vijendra_s123 »

Romi wrote:Nice pics :)

The meeting was good fun. But I was a bit worried during the auction that the neighbours might bug Vijjy and Gauri now for throwing noisy parties :P

I agree with Scorpio that many items went excessively cheap. But there were good surprises for sellers too. Aditya never expected this Anubias to fetch what they did (and they were very healthy plants), passionate members like Sachin and Nikhil Julka, and our new member from Mumbai, and many others did fork out the cash for the beautiful driftwoods. I think one reason for the low earning for Aquapetz in the plant sale especially (despite the generous donations of our founder members, especially bigheart Bappaditya) was that for an auction to earn well for each item, a larger number of people in the audience need to be there. We have a lot of members on Aquapetz yes, but we cannot have an equal number attend an Aquapetz meeting! That would make it impossible for the hosting member to manage anyway.

Personally, I would urge members to hold an online auction thread, decide the winning bid, and then invite the purchasing member to the next meeting where he can collect this purchase. If the purchaser cannot come, he can get someone else to collect for him in the meeting or pay for having it couriered to him. In case for any reason the item is not claimed on the chosen day, the seller can take the next best offer if he wants. Something like that. ... The plants offered were rare and beautiful, but many member needed to be made aware about them, before being suddenly asked if they wanted to purchase them. And the most beautiful plants start looking really ordinary if they start drying up after being bunched together in newspaper, or exposed to air.

Despite the learning curve in the auction, it was fun, and Syed Ali was a great help during it, for me. Thanks buddy.

A sincere thanks to our host this time, Vijendra and his wonderful spouse Gauri, who allowed us into their lovely home, and indulged us today :clp :clp His killis are more beautiful than i had imagined, his Anubias tank took my breath away, and those super-active super-fast lemon yellow shrimp :D They better have babies and more babies! I have not seen a better shrimp tank in person before, small and very cosy.

Thanks for the appreciation buddy. I also think that the reason for low collection especially for the plants was that first of all for an auction the audience was less and secondly they were not aware of what plants were being sold. I think the drifts and the annubias secured decent prices.
Agree with Romi here, we can start the auction online on the website. This will ensure maximum participation even from members outside Delhi. The goods auctioned can also be shipped if necessary. Auctioning this way will allow everyone to participate and ensure a good price for the seller.
In case of further auctioning we can hold a special event say once a quarter only for the purpose of auctioning and not mix it with any meet. Just an idea.

Thanks to Romi for being patient enough throughout the auction and doing a great job as the auctioner and Syed Ali for maintaining all the accounts....:)
apuda2010
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by apuda2010 »

Red killies - who has these ? Willing to sell ?
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

apuda2010 wrote:Red killies - who has these ? Willing to sell ?
You can get several fry from me in next meet.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
rajivzee
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by rajivzee »

I like the idea of "Auction thread" suggested by Mr. Romi
Thanks & Regards
Rajiv Anand

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

It was my pleasure, Vijjy.

I am glad Vijjy and Rajivzee like the online auction idea. I think Vijjy's other idea is practical too, about separating the auction from the meeting if that is more convenient. I think members should share their ideas on this and brainstorm fast enough before the next meeting happens.
vijendra_s123

Unread post by vijendra_s123 »

Pics from my side...

For those who missed the meet

New members introducing themselves

Lot of stuff that was auctioned

The auctioneer at his best....:)

Settling accounts after close of the auction
Neeraj
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Neeraj »

where is the official photographer Amir
Regards,
Neeraj
https://www.facebook.com/petduniya
jackdanio
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by jackdanio »

Thanks for the detailed report and the pics. Missed this one. Hope I make it for the next meet/auction. I agree with the idea of having an auction once in a while say once a quarter and the meets monthly.