Installing New Heater

Forum for discuss about various equipments used with freshwater aquariums.
rahul2kcuteguy
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Installing New Heater

Unread post by rahul2kcuteguy »

Hi All,
Kindly advice on how to install the new heater (Sera-300 watt) in my 4 feet tank.
Which is the best location to put it & should temperature be set at higher level staight awayas outside temp in Delhi has dropped.
I feel should i increase it gradully maybe like 1-2 Degree for 2-3 days regularly.
Thanks & Regards,
Rahul Aggarwal
sushant

Re: Installing New Heater

Unread post by sushant »

Since this is a large tank so even if you set the temp. to a required level sudden temperature change will not take place .
Sushant
rahul2kcuteguy
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

My tank temp is at 23 Deg & i will set my heater at 28Deg celcius for my oscar & other south american chichlid.
Is it fine to set up heater at 28 Deg & let it run for the season.
Also,Sera box suggests that if outside temp & internal tank temp to be adjusted by 15 Deg than 2 heaters of 300 Watt needed.
Kindly suggest that this one heater will do me a job these winters or i should buy one more heater.
Thanks & Regards,
Rahul Aggarwal
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

It is best to install the heater near to the outlet of filter. This heater is enough for your tank.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
rahul2kcuteguy
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Hi all,
I M Part Of Kolkatta aquarium Club and experienced hobbyist there advising to keep temp at 20-22 Deg Celsius so i m confused what temp to be set in Extreme Delhi Winters.
As most online articles suggest anything between 24-28 Deg Celcius for SA Chiclids .
Kindly guide me up.
Thanks & Regards,
Rahul Aggarwal
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

24-25 degree celcius temperature is ideal for all the tropical fishes. So it is best to maintain the temperature around 24 degree celcius.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
rahul2kcuteguy
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Thanks as 24 Deg sounds percect to me too.What if i set it at 22 deg , how mich effect it will have on SA chichlids,Any idea how are Sera heater as far as accuracy concerned.
Laxmi Nagar guy told me its better than jager as it has protective cover tosafeguard from oscars & more warranty.
Thanks & Regards,
Rahul Aggarwal