Nano marine Journal - 30 Gal Name - Phoenix

Post your tank progress here from day 1.
sunny
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Nano marine Journal - 30 Gal Name - Phoenix

Unread post by sunny »

Hi guys back after a long time...
I've been making this marine tank which I consider to be my toughest work as of now. I've added a lot of DIY stuff from tank to hood to everything is mostly DIY.
Being a student with very limited pocket money this journey has been a very challenging journey for me. every step was well planned as mistakes would mean loss of money, time and efforts. but still many things went wrong. will tell them with time.

(And for all those guys like me who just stare at marine tanks at shops and friends house and dream. Start your marine tank now friends. It can be made cheap if you put a lot of dedication (mostly pain and sweat) into it and if you are a patient predator, who likes to have it whole. :P )

First I started with my sump, a tank which I had previously..
Cost :
4 glass slides (6 mm) = rs. 40 x 6 = rs. 240
Silicone glue = rs. 150

I didn't buy a glue gun instead I used a hammer as to push the glue from the tube.
20131224_143947.jpg

Sump Details:
tank: 2 ft x 1ft x 1 ft
Partitions: 5
refugium: 1ft x 1ft x 1 ft
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If people take anything from my music, it should be motivation to know that anything is possible as long as you keep working at it and don't back down.

<Eminem>
sunny
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: Nano marine Journal - 30 Gal Name - Phoenix

Unread post by sunny »

the finished look after the partitions were made..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If people take anything from my music, it should be motivation to know that anything is possible as long as you keep working at it and don't back down.

<Eminem>
sunny
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by sunny »

First I started with my display tank [ 2.5 ft x 1 ft x 1 ft ]
which also I had previously but the front glass was broken so had to repair it..
Also made a hole it the right glass for plumbing.
bought the tank connector first then took the measurements - [for me around = 1.25 inch]
This drilling part I had to give to the glass shop and as always they looted me.
:(

Cost :
drilling = rs. 100
changing front glass () = rs. 250

<Eminem>
jack

Unread post by jack »

Looks like a great build
Waiting for the updates :)
Finally i am Broke but Happy :D
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

sunny i'm not an expert but i guess there are some design flaws in your sump:
i guess the second and third third partition should have been on two different level so that water should pass over the second one and under the third through the media, but in this case the water will flow over the media in the middle compartment thus reducing the efficiency of the filter

Sent from my PadFone using Tapatalk
Sushant
Sandy0056
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Sandy0056 »

congrates sunny

I'm also not an expert but as Sushant said.. as per us there are some design flaws in sump. Please wait, lets experts give their views on the same.
Regards
Sandeep Yadav
bobvin
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by bobvin »

Congratulations!. Waiting for another stunner.
sunny
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by sunny »

sushant wrote:sunny i'm not an expert but i guess there are some design flaws in your sump:
i guess the second and third third partition should have been on two different level so that water should pass over the second one and under the third through the media, but in this case the water will flow over the media in the middle compartment thus reducing the efficiency of the filter

Sent from my PadFone using Tapatalk
there's 1" of difference from the first partition to the second..

+ the middle chamber is the refugium so in the design is made like that so as the water flows laterally over it...
the refugium is for an intense biological filtration, I will be having a DSB and various macroalgae in the refugium..
Last edited by sunny on Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

<Eminem>
sunny
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by sunny »

dimensions of the sump partitions

<Eminem>
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Nice.

Never setup a sump so curious to know why have you taken different sized middle walls?
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda