An all new beginning

Post your tank progress here from day 1.
rahulm
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

An all new beginning

Unread post by rahulm »

so far my journey in this hobby has been growing weeds mostly. Am yet to discover the art to growing and shaping epiphytes.
and so decided finally to give it a try.
As a result of hit and trial came up with this and i should say i have a long way to go to get things right regarding a layout.need more lessons. but what i do love is growing plants like crazy .

this tank got cycled early as i have used old tank water and part of old layout substrate too.
and then only the HC was added after complete cycling( Previously noticed that diatoms hurts HCs badly). tanks age is 12 days since planting.

and for the past 4-5 days the good weather around calcutta was a blessing for the tank.

so far everything is right but i know that for tanks like this algae attack is imminent somewhere in its development. so prepared to face it.
lets see how things turn out. keeping my fingers crossed.
IMG_2163.jpg
IMG_2167.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sushant

Re: An all new beginning

Unread post by sushant »

this is a beautiful tank, in a cycled tank the problem of algae usually don't show up. you just need to keep the lights, co2 and ferts right. frequent water changes and addition of carbon for initial few days also works well.
Sushant
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Beautiful scape.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
Somen
Panel Members
Panel Members

Unread post by Somen »

Very fresh and healthy look.The scape is also very balanced.
Somen
Any dead fish can flow down the river but it takes a live one to swim back up stream.
parthapratim22

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

Good looking tank,

Wish you keep the tip of the woods empty.
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60
Ashok
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Ashok »

Beautyful... :clap
Ashok
aquascapist
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by aquascapist »

very nice looking aquarium.... how about some closeups
Warm Regards,
Aditya
apuda2010
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by apuda2010 »

I dont know what lighting you are using, but it seems to be quite high per gallon since the carpet plants are showing good growth. However, my concern is the anubias. Its a matter of time befor algae sets in on the anubias.

In my experience, it is nearly impossible to keep algae away from anubias leaves. Very low lighting or shade seems to reduce the algae growth somewhat, but not completely.

What is your source of P.Helferi ? Is it from some other hobbyist, your own tanks or did you buy it from a reseller ? The reason I am asking is that it is a notoriously difficult plant to maintain.
rajivzee
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by rajivzee »

Tank is looking beautiful
Thanks & Regards
Rajiv Anand

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
rahulm
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by rahulm »

sushant wrote:this is a beautiful tank, in a cycled tank the problem of algae usually don't show up. you just need to keep the lights, co2 and ferts right. frequent water changes and addition of carbon for initial few days also works well.
will try my best dada to do the daily homework. thank you .
SCORPIO wrote:Beautiful scape.
Somen wrote:Very fresh and healthy look.The scape is also very balanced.
thank you a lot.
parthapratim22 wrote:Good looking tank,

Wish you keep the tip of the woods empty.
honestly i also thought of it at the beginning dada.
but then thought of this and tried out with anubiusa t the tips. lets see how it turns out in the long run. will surely keep in mind if things get spoiled. thanks for the reminder dada.
aquascapist wrote:very nice looking aquarium.... how about some closeups
thank you. will definitely try out in updates.i am still a very bad photographer. my hand trembles when i hold a cam.
apuda2010 wrote:I dont know what lighting you are using, but it seems to be quite high per gallon since the carpet plants are showing good growth. However, my concern is the anubias. Its a matter of time befor algae sets in on the anubias.

In my experience, it is nearly impossible to keep algae away from anubias leaves. Very low lighting or shade seems to reduce the algae growth somewhat, but not completely.

What is your source of P.Helferi ? Is it from some other hobbyist, your own tanks or did you buy it from a reseller ? The reason I am asking is that it is a notoriously difficult plant to maintain.
+1 regarding the lighting part.its 4 x 36 watts of plls in a 2.5 x 1.5 x 1.5 feeter. and i am running high CO2.and dosing EI.and anubius do have tendency to get affected more than anybody here. i am very afraid regarding that. when i will see the first speck of spot i will surely try with light adjustments and correspondingly adjust the phosp.

as with helferis i got it from a seller at weekend market at galiff 3 months ago around nov .It was potted and i started with just one and now its over 40. it grew well in my previous setup with DIY subst. To me its pretty easy, propagated well and as usual unobstructed lighting and good CO2 makes it compact and lush.but its not sensitive.its a hardy candidate but have heard(never experienced though) that it doesnot ship well.
here area few poor shots of how it did in my previous setup.pls excuse the photography.
IMG_2126.jpg
IMG_2117.jpg
IMG_2074.jpg
rajivzee wrote:Tank is looking beautiful
thank you .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.