Need tips to take aquarium photography by a DSLR.

Post your quires related to aquatic photography.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Need tips to take aquarium photography by a DSLR.

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Since a long I want to own a DSLR Camera. Recently I own a second hand Canon D500. If I got success in getting good photographs, can move for upgrade of camera in near future. I want some tips from you guys:

For Planted Aquarium
1. What should be the ideal shutter speed?
2. Ideal ISO for good result?
3. Ideal aperture setting need to take the good photograph of the full aquascape.
4. Any other recommendations?

For Fishes/Invertebrates
1. Ideal shutter speed?
2. Ideal ISO to get the desired result of fast moving fishes and slow invertebrates.
3. Aperture settings.
4. Any other tips/tricks.

Thanks in advance. I will apply practically all the recommendations and show here the photographs to evaluate my photography skills. I hope inputs from all of you guys.

Thanks in advance.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
sushant

Re: Need tips to take aquarium photography by a DSLR.

Unread post by sushant »

SCORPIO wrote:Since a long I want to own a DSLR Camera. Recently I own a second hand Canon D500. If I got success in getting good photographs, can move for upgrade of camera in near future. I want some tips from you guys:

For Planted Aquarium
3. Ideal aperture setting need to take the good photograph of the full aquascape.

For Fishes/Invertebrates
1. Ideal shutter speed?
2. Ideal ISO to get the desired result of fast moving fishes and slow invertebrates.
3. Aperture settings.

Thanks in advance. I will apply practically all the recommendations and show here the photographs to evaluate my photography skills. I hope inputs from all of you guys.

Thanks in advance.
Rajiv ji D500 is a good enough camera for a hobbyists, if you really want to upgrade buy some decent lenses rather than the camera itself.
Sushant
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

sushant wrote:Rajiv ji D500 is a good enough camera for a hobbyists, if you really want to upgrade buy some decent lenses rather than the camera itself.
I need some technical tips. :clp
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

sanjib1971
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by sanjib1971 »

Rajiv ji ... Amir Khan will be best help..... I always clicked landscape, portrait, macro.... but not very good with aquarium photography..... I will recommend Amir to give better Idea....2nd how we normally learn - Trial & error process. ..
sanjib1971
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by sanjib1971 »

SCORPIO wrote:Since a long I want to own a DSLR Camera. Recently I own a second hand Canon D500. If I got success in getting good photographs, can move for upgrade of camera in near future. I want some tips from you guys:

For Planted Aquarium

For Fishes/Invertebrates
1. Ideal shutter speed?
3. Aperture settings.

Thanks in advance.
For fish...
I will keep shutter speed very high But larger aperture... ISO I never prefer more than 400...
saikumar
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by saikumar »

Congratulations Rajiv ji coolbig
I think it would be great if you can start a post with buying tips for a good 2nds DSLR. :feedb please
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

saikumar wrote:Congratulations Rajiv ji coolbig
I think it would be great if you can start a post with buying tips for a good 2nds DSLR. :feedb please
Only one Tip: 666

Buy from a known person. In my case seller has still not charged money from me. I will pay him tomorrow or next weekend.

I am still waiting the expert advice.

shergill00
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by shergill00 »

Rajjev ji I think you should opt for 100 mm macro lens which would let you capture details closely.specially in case of shrimps and small sized fish. Canon has a series of lens where L is mentioned luxury range but its little expensive but worth a long term investment.
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

shergill00 wrote:Rajjev ji I think you should opt for 100 mm macro lens which would let you capture details closely.specially in case of shrimps and small sized fish. Canon has a series of lens where L is mentioned luxury range but its little expensive but worth a long term investment.
Can you share rough prices for Scorpio and us for these lenses?
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

shergill00 wrote:Rajjev ji I think you should opt for 100 mm macro lens which would let you capture details closely.specially in case of shrimps and small sized fish. Canon has a series of lens where L is mentioned luxury range but its little expensive but worth a long term investment.
tamron 90mm would be a better value for money. but at this point of time i will suggest you to stick to stock lens and try using it as much as you can.
Sushant