Macro Extension Tubes Vs Macro Lense

Post your quires related to aquatic photography.
Ashok
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Macro Extension Tubes Vs Macro Lense

Unread post by Ashok »

I have a Canon EOS 600d DSLR with kit lense and i am interested in getting in to macro. I came to know that i can also use macro extension tubes set in place of macro lense. I want to know which other equipments/accessories required with extension tube set? I would just like some feedback. thanks !!
Ashok
apuda2010
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: Macro Extension Tubes Vs Macro Lense

Unread post by apuda2010 »

Ashokji, extension tubes, while they are cheap and easy to procure, do not always give the best results. You dont need anything else with the tube. Also note that most of the cheaper extension tubes do not allow for the electronics to work between the lens and the body. This means that most focussing and metering needs to be manual.

A macro lens is the way to go, but these are expensive and unless you are going to shoot macro most of your life, the investment is not justified. A better option is to hire a macro for a day, shoot all the fish you have and give it back.
navneethtk
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by navneethtk »

I too had a similar question. Does Nikon also have extension tubes for macro shots? I don't want to go in depth into macro photography but just wanna get better snaps than my kit lens.

Sent from my Panasonic P11 using Tapatalk
Ashok
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Ashok »

navneethtk wrote:I too had a similar question. Does Nikon also have extension tubes for macro shots? I don't want to go in depth into macro photography but just wanna get better snaps than my kit lens.

Sent from my Panasonic P11 using Tapatalk
Yes available in the market both manual and automatic. Am waiting some advise from Jibran....
Ashok
Ashok
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Ashok »

apuda2010 wrote:Ashokji, extension tubes, while they are cheap and easy to procure, do not always give the best results. You dont need anything else with the tube. Also note that most of the cheaper extension tubes do not allow for the electronics to work between the lens and the body. This means that most focussing and metering needs to be manual.

A macro lens is the way to go, but these are expensive and unless you are going to shoot macro most of your life, the investment is not justified. A better option is to hire a macro for a day, shoot all the fish you have and give it back.
Can't afford a proper macro lense... tight budget these days, as far as on hire have bad experience.
Ashok
Abhishek
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Abhishek »

Ashok da, if you love macro then go with a macro lens.
And if budget is tight then -
Would suggest instead of getting the macro extension tubes you can get the Macro Ring or else the reversal ring.
I have personally used both of them before getting the macro lens and the results were decent!!
saikumar
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by saikumar »

Which is the macro lens normally we need for our fish purpose? And for FTS?
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Abhishek wrote:Ashok da, if you love macro then go with a macro lens.
And if budget is tight then -
Would suggest instead of getting the macro extension tubes you can get the Macro Ring or else the reversal ring.
I have personally used both of them before getting the macro lens and the results were decent!!
Please let us know more about rings.

saikumar wrote:Which is the macro lens normally we need for our fish purpose? And for FTS?
+1
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
juanico

Unread post by juanico »

you can try one of tose:

http://raynox.co.jp/english/digital/d_slr/index.html

affordable, but you have to focus manually, with ok results...its ok for fun shots, but not for professional shots.
Abhishek

Unread post by Abhishek »

SCORPIO wrote:
Please let us know more about rings.
Rajiv Ko those are glass rings kind of stuffs which fits infront of the camera lens.
Comes in +4, +2, +1 dimension and the higher the number the thicker will be the glass.

It acts mostly as a magnifier, and you have to use manual mode to click using them!!