Oscar's Not Eating! Urgent Please Help

Forum for discuss freshwater/Brackish fishes.
bhupeshkhanna
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Oscar's Not Eating! Urgent Please Help

Unread post by bhupeshkhanna »

Hi All!

In my last thread I asked help from all members that my Oscars are not eating but unfortunately got no advise on what antibiotic has to be administered. And i lost one of my Oscar this weekend :( .. He/she was with me from last 1 year... :(

Update - My second Oscar is still not eating, though she is swimming properly but not eating at all its been more than 3 weeks now... I tried feeding Shrimps, Blood worms, Live worms, Worm cubes, Turtle food, Different types of pellets but Not eating at all...

Please help as I do not want to loose my second Oscar (I administered him/her with tetracycline but no positive results).. I change water twice every week, feed once in a day, Clean filters alternatively very 2 months..All my parrots (5) are absolutely fine, happy and are eating, its a 200 G tank.

Also, I got a new tiger Oscar on Saturday itself, but even that Oscar is not eating at all. This problem is only happening with my Oscars..

Also, i cannot check the water parameters as do not have the test kit with me yet, still trying to get one.. its a 8 months old tank, first problem since i had this tank.. But i think water parameters are fine as all my parrots are absolutely healthy and fine..

Please help...

Many thanks in advance

Bhupesh
Kaushik
Panel Members
Panel Members

Re: Oscar's Not Eating! Urgent Please Help

Unread post by Kaushik »

Dear Bhupesh
Don't be upset.. Put some salt 200gms in the tank.. Also try ADA stomach clear ... if possible
"If you salute your duty, you need not salute anybody. But if you pollute your duty,you have to salute everybody.“
We have a choice. Do what pleases us and then face the consequences or else abide by our duty and stand tall
-A P J Abdul Kalam
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Treat your Oscars with Metrogyl tablet. It is easily available on medical stores in 400mg.

1. Change around 40% water. You can also keep the infected fish alone in another aquarium. If you are doing so, take around 50 water from existing tank.
2. Put around one spoon/per gallon of rock salt in aquarium. Now mix around 15 mg per gallon of tablet in aquarium water. One tablet is enough for a 25 gallon tank.
3. After 3 days change around 40% water and dose again.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
sub
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by sub »

sorry for your loss , can u provide us any close pics of ur oscar it would be helpful to identify deasese .
I think it got infected by some internal parasite,
Oscar are prone to a disease called hole in head if not feed proper food and maintain good quality water , search in internet and see are symptoms matching with ur fish ,
what can u do now
1- separate fish to other tank or bucket with your tank water , heater , thermometer and air pump .
2 -maintain temperature around 28 c it will increase fish metabolism .
3- do daily or alternate day 10-20 % water change
4- if it is infected by internal parasite or hole in head u have to treat it with metronidazole tablet use as rajiv Ji said
bhupeshkhanna
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Ok, I'll try using metrogyl tablet in my hospital tank and oscar in it...
bhupeshkhanna
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unfortunately i lost my second Oscar as well this morning.. my Oscar was in the hospital tank... :( :( ... I am missing him/her a lot.. Oscars were my Favorite amongst all... :(

Really don't know what had happened - no body injury was there whatsoever, no bloating, nothing at all, all of sudden both my Oscars stopped eating and within 1+ month both have passed away.. :(

I treated it with metrogyl yesterday and in one night he/she died.. :(
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Sorry for your loss :shock: !!
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
sub
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by sub »

bhupeshkhanna wrote:Unfortunately i lost my second Oscar as well this morning.. my Oscar was in the hospital tank... :( :( ... I am missing him/her a lot.. Oscars were my Favorite amongst all... :(

Really don't know what had happened - no body injury was there whatsoever, no bloating, nothing at all, all of sudden both my Oscars stopped eating and within 1+ month both have passed away.. :(

I treated it with metrogyl yesterday and in one night he/she died.. :(
sorry for your loss