My first nano

Post your tank progress here from day 1.
cichlids
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: My first nano

Unread post by cichlids »

@partha : Thanks partha.
1)why ADA with Riccia??? - I know for this scape ADA is not necessary :lol: . But my plan is to run this scape for a few days and then try aquascaping with HC cuba.
So used ADA in advance :D
2)Why HG upto the right extreme corner, will spoil the depth. - My initial plan was, foreground carpet with riccia and background long hair grass.I'll remove a HG form RHS and plant plant it towards LHS.
3) I think in the group you have three pieces of wood, try to arrange with mixed thickness...as in upper side maximum are thin woods - Its a two piece wood tied to a stone. I'll try to rearrange that.
4) Can be create some very interesting rock arrangement - Since this is my first attempt, i'll run this scape for a few days then change the scape.
The pic which you have shared is very interesting.
I didnt understand the inclined black line. Does that mean the scape should slide towards the right end??
cichlids
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

I saw a few scapes where the arrangement of substrate was wavy.. So i added more aquasoil at the back and right end of the tank..
parthapratim22

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

cichlids wrote:I didnt understand the inclined black line. Does that mean the scape should slide towards the right end??
That is the basic structure of the layout...like concave, convex layouts... etc, yours can be triangular...so I made visualize the basic.

"I saw a few scapes where the arrangement of substrate was wavy.. So i added more aquasoil at the back and right end of the tank.."---can you share some of those as example, as I understand to create depth the backside height will be higher than the front...like if you stand one side of a river bank and see the other, you will see the bank a height though both are on same plane...hope I am able to explain :D
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60
ishaan
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by ishaan »

beautiful wood and how old is the setup now . wait for 1-2 weeks more and riccia will cover all the area :lol:
A collection of mistakes is called experience and experience is the key to success.
Ishaan Pathania
+919041208868
cichlids
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

parthapratim22 wrote:
cichlids wrote:I didnt understand the inclined black line. Does that mean the scape should slide towards the right end??
That is the basic structure of the layout...like concave, convex layouts... etc, yours can be triangular...so I made visualize the basic.

"I saw a few scapes where the arrangement of substrate was wavy.. So i added more aquasoil at the back and right end of the tank.."---can you share some of those as example, as I understand to create depth the backside height will be higher than the front...like if you stand one side of a river bank and see the other, you will see the bank a height though both are on same plane...hope I am able to explain :D
It was a Iwagumi set up. More or less a wavy substrate, approximately like a concave shaped.
So tried a concave layout, but not sure whether I have succeeded or not :?
Understood your point, :D
cichlids
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

ishaan wrote:beautiful wood and how old is the setup now . wait for 1-2 weeks more and riccia will cover all the area :lol:
This set up is around 2 weeks old.. First week had some lighting issues.. From second week, riccia started growing,,
Waiting to see riccia to cover all the area..
cichlids
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Hi All,
A small update.. Riccia is growing nicely, even h.tripartita too..
Added a few RCS too..
Tried to add some glosso in between, but had a very tough time because any slight adjustment I did, few riccia started to float..
I have added a few pics of riccia pearling. Hope you like it..

Thanks,
Last edited by cichlids on Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cichlids
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

As promised to Rajiv, regarding DIY lighting, its a very simple thing which I did.
Had a few PVC pipes at home, got a reflector and did this..

Comments and suggestions welcomed :)

Thanks,
parthapratim22

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

Whats that reflector???

FTS???
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60
ishaan

Unread post by ishaan »

FTS needed ,your tank is looking beautiful from the top
A collection of mistakes is called experience and experience is the key to success.
Ishaan Pathania
+919041208868