Pink Zebra Danios killing other fish?

Forum for discuss freshwater/Brackish fishes.
rajivzee
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Pink Zebra Danios killing other fish?

Unread post by rajivzee »

Couple of days gone after adding 6 pink zebra danios 1 of the danios died next days & day after 3 of my rummy nose tetra & 1 neon tetra died.
I like the danios but seems I need to return them.

My tanks size is 100 ltr
Thanks & Regards
Rajiv Anand

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
Somen
Panel Members
Panel Members

Re: Pink Zebra Danios killing other fish?

Unread post by Somen »

rajivzee wrote:Couple of days gone after adding 6 pink zebra danios 1 of the danios died next days & day after 3 of my rummy nose tetra & 1 neon tetra died.

My tanks size is 100 ltr
I had few native zebra fishes.They use to chase my neons.The are fast, so can be a problem for other fishes.
Somen
Any dead fish can flow down the river but it takes a live one to swim back up stream.
rajivzee
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Somen wrote:
rajivzee wrote:Couple of days gone after adding 6 pink zebra danios 1 of the danios died next days & day after 3 of my rummy nose tetra & 1 neon tetra died.

My tanks size is 100 ltr
I had few native zebra fishes.They use to chase my neons.The are fast, so can be a problem for other fishes.
They were quite active that's why I bought them... but I don't know if this was the cause or any other issue.
As later today 1 danios & 2 more neon died.....I've returned the remaining 4 danios I hope this solves the problem. Fingers crossed
Thanks & Regards
Rajiv Anand

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
KarthikC

Unread post by KarthikC »

Zebra danios are boisterous fish. They usually chase around most similar sized fish. And since they're always active, it tires out other fish. In a large group, zebra danios out-compete most small fish for food.

Also, a small note not to promote the coloured, dyed fish! Go for the regular coloured danios or even leopard danios, they're great.

Cheers,

Karthik
rajivzee
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

KarthikC wrote:Zebra danios are boisterous fish. They usually chase around most similar sized fish. And since they're always active, it tires out other fish. In a large group, zebra danios out-compete most small fish for food.

Also, a small note not to promote the coloured, dyed fish! Go for the regular coloured danios or even leopard danios, they're great.

Cheers,

Karthik
Thanks Karthik,
I guess they're genetically engineered and not dyed.
Thanks & Regards
Rajiv Anand

KarthikC

Unread post by KarthikC »

maybe yes.. :)
saikumar
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by saikumar »

My experience with them has been very subtle n peaceful. I had them with my shrimp, so they don't look an issue to me.
rajivzee
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

saikumar wrote:My experience with them has been very subtle n peaceful. I had them with my shrimp, so they don't look an issue to me.
May be they carry some disease, but after removing no more casualty.
Thanks & Regards
Rajiv Anand