40 gallon planted tank

Post your tank progress here from day 1.
sub
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: 40 gallon planted tank

Unread post by sub »

parthapratim22 wrote:Staurogyne repen is doing good under this co2, update us with progress.
yes it is growing nice will update regularly, i hv planted all new plants almost 2 weeks before all producing submerge state leaves , i got Elatine triandra as free gift from seller :) that also doing good dont know how long it will survive ,as i hv read its a demanding plant :cnf
Last edited by sub on Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
parthapratim22

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

Great going, excited to see the progress.
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60
sub
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by sub »

parthapratim22 wrote:Great going, excited to see the progress.
Thank u :) ,
sub
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by sub »

update of new plants , how plant go through transmission face from emmersed to submerged always amaze me ,
I have planted most of the plant where light intensity is high will relocate some
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sub
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by sub »

bolbitis heudelotii
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SanamMarik
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by SanamMarik »

Subrat da, looking great! why not switching to citric CO2 ? btw where did you find triandra from? I was in the idea that its not at all available in India :( :(
sub
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by sub »

SanamMarik wrote:Subrat da, looking great! why not switching to citric CO2 ? btw where did you find triandra from? I was in the idea that its not at all available in India :( :(
Welcome sanam bhai to this forum yipi
I have tried diy co2 by citric acid but i think for long run it will be difficult for me to continue with that due to following reason
1. Making system leakproof its difficult becoz it run on high pressure, citric acid will consume more if any leakage is there
2 200gm citric acid cost aroud 130rs which need to refill after approx 10 days
3 i think need to buy needle valve ,pressure gauge and safety valve for better aacuracy n safety

Wtb i would like to see ur diy co2 setup and how long it run after refilling citric acid

I got triandra from aquabite.tk :)
SanamMarik
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Thanks Dada. :)

at my place i found a bakery wholeseller shop who sells citric real cheap @90/kg :D :D :D So I am not going for cylinders anytime soon. :D
I have three systems running, no leakage issues faced yet...lucky me I guess. I have experienced pressures till 80psi... ;) didnt blast off luckily. the soft drink bottles are said to hold pressures till 150psi :)

needle valve ,pressure gauge and safety valve and also ball valve, are must imo while setting up the system.

how long-it varies v much-

bps-hours per day-gaps between refilling
@0.5bps-11hrs approx-more than a month :mrgreen:
@1bps-11hrs approx-3-4weeks max :)
@2bps+-11hrs approx- 7days max :(

but this is fine with me as that 3' is running at 1-2bps and I am quite satisfied with the growth. in Kolkata, there is a 6' tank and that runs at 1bps with best conditions possible. You might have heard. so, if plants are not growing at 1bps for me in a 3', the fault would be entirely mine coz I dont know how to what.

with bps more than 1.5, there are other issues to control too, so I am thinking of adding another system and use 1bps from both :D

thanks for the link...nice collection there. A request, please provide a gud pic of the triandra that has been planted. In immersed format it looks similar to HM :(
sushant

Re: RE: Re: 40 gallon planted tank

Unread post by sushant »

SanamMarik wrote:Thanks Dada. :)

at my place i found a bakery wholeseller shop who sells citric real cheap @90/kg :D :D :D So I am not going for cylinders anytime soon. :D
I have three systems running, no leakage issues faced yet...lucky me I guess. I have experienced pressures till 80psi... ;) didnt blast off luckily. the soft drink bottles are said to hold pressures till 150psi :)

needle valve ,pressure gauge and safety valve and also ball valve, are must imo while setting up the system.

how long-it varies v much-

bps-hours per day-gaps between refilling
@0.5bps-11hrs approx-more than a month :mrgreen:
@1bps-11hrs approx-3-4weeks max :)
@2bps+-11hrs approx- 7days max :(

but this is fine with me as that 3' is running at 1-2bps and I am quite satisfied with the growth. in Kolkata, there is a 6' tank and that runs at 1bps with best conditions possible. You might have heard. so, if plants are not growing at 1bps for me in a 3', the fault would be entirely mine coz I dont know how to what.

with bps more than 1.5, there are other issues to control too, so I am thinking of adding another system and use 1bps from both :D

thanks for the link...nice collection there. A request, please provide a gud pic of the triandra that has been planted. In immersed format it looks similar to HM :(
Sanam bhai why don't you start a new topic on the citric acid co2 system.I would love to know more about them.
Sushant
SanamMarik
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Surely Sushant will do as soon as I get some time off from my tanks... ;)